The courses are excellent. I joined Lucketts 3 years ago but have been driving coaches for 21 years. Every time I complete a course I know I am a better driver for it.
(PRWeb UK) January 27, 2011
Training, development and creation of a skilled work force are on the Government’s agenda and targets for SME’s across the UK. At Fareham’s Lucketts Travel, professional training is one of the cornerstones of coach travel success story.
Lucketts Travel established a dedicated coach driving Training Academy in 2007 and was the brainchild of Chairman David Luckett MBE. By the end of January 2011, The Academy will have completed a remarkable 200 training courses in 18 months, with over 800 courses attended and passed since the Academy began. The Academy has produced over 25 new drivers in the industry, all of whom started with no driving qualifications and now are quality and valued experts within the coach driving sector.
The role of the Lucketts Academy and the training courses is to ensure all Lucketts drivers are trained to an exceptionally high standard which go beyond the statutory requirements. On-going assessment and development is at the core of each driver’s career progression.
“The courses are excellent. I joined Lucketts 3 years ago but have been driving coaches for 21 years. Every time I complete a course I know I am a better driver for it. The level of training is second to none and as a result we have very qualified and competent drivers,” said Geoff Beeney.
Lucketts Travel invests over £100,000 a year in the training of its professional drivers who safely drive thousands of passengers around the UK, Europe and Worldwide every year.
The ever expanding fleet of over 80 coaches and vehicles demands a high level of competency, knowledge and experience to ensure safe and professional travel of passengers, drivers and vehicles.
Following a compulsory Lucketts induction, all drivers must complete CPC and PCV certificates. These are then followed up with developmental and dedicated courses from defensive driving and customer care through to basic maintenance and driving with snow chains.
Lucketts Travel regularly contributes to the development of industry training standards. The Guild of British Coach Operators adopted Lucketts Travel designed courses to set the standard for all its members nationwide. “Lucketts Academy gives our drivers the knowledge to deliver the best service we can. We take on the responsibility to ensure that Lucketts drivers have the skills to be safe, professional and deliver excellent customer service,” said Ian Hills Lucketts Travel Group Training manager.
Notes to Editor
- Lucketts Travel is one of the leading coach hire and travel companies in The South
- Established in 1926, Lucketts travel is a family owned business and has over 150 employees across Fareham and Worthing
- Lucketts Travel offers coach hire as well as UK & European coach holidays
- In September 2010 Lucketts was delighted to open its state of the art offices in Fareham which was attended by over 150 guests and dignitaries Mark Hoban MP and Mayor and Mayoress of Fareham
- For all media enquiries please contact
-Rebecca Williams at Ten Alps PR
- For additional information on all Lucketts Travel offers and services please visit
- For more information about The Guild of British Coach Operators please visit http://www.coach-tours.co.uk/qualityassured