The aim is to bring our followers closer to the heart of a living and breathing Formula 1 team.
Woking, Surrey (PRWEB UK) 11 March 2013
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has relaunched its official website ahead of the start of 2013 FIA Formula 1 World Championship in Melbourne this weekend.
The new website builds upon the depth of content and award-winning functionality of its predecessor, which pioneered the use in F1 of the website as a second-screen experience, launching its much-imitated ‘dashboard’ telemetry, data and radio live feed back in 2010.
Fresh-for-2013 features on http://www.mclaren.com/formula1 include:
- Customisable interface: the site now includes the facility to alter the appearance of the newsfeed to suit your browser or your reading habits
- Responsive formatting: the site now operates seamlessly on either desktop, tablet or mobile
- Greater social integration: the site much more strongly reflects the narrowing gap between traditional websites and the diffusion of social media channels. The whole website is defined by its shareability
- Greater use of video and interactive content: videos and photography galleries are bigger, bolder and more impactful, utilising HTML5 functionality.
- Fantastic partner cross-promotions: the new format really gives our partners the opportunity and platform to work with us to create uniquely compelling stories and content
Additionally, the race dashboard, now re-christened ‘McLaren LIVE’, will feature an improved interface and greater functionality and shareability for the 2013 season.
Vodafone McLaren Mercedes team principal Martin Whitmarsh said:
“Vodafone McLaren Mercedes has developed a reputation for its forward-thinking approach to digital and social media. We were the first Formula 1 team to offer fans the opportunity to view our telemetry and experience our radio conversations live during races and practice sessions; we were the first front-running team to start using Twitter [in March 2009]; more recently, we embraced the full breadth of our social media platforms to spectacularly live-stream the MP4-28 car reveal.
“As in all aspects of Formula 1, however, if you don’t develop and innovate, you go backwards, so it’s extremely pleasing to see that the latest iteration of http://www.mclaren.com/formula1 has once again moved the goalposts. It sets a very high benchmark for all teams in Formula 1.
“The aim is to bring our followers closer to the heart of a living and breathing Formula 1 team. Now, more than ever, http://www.mclaren.com/formula1 offers a deep and enriched user-experience, is easier to use and provides unique and authoritative content on the team.
“It’s a fantastic addition to the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes brand.”
About Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
New Zealand racing driver Bruce McLaren founded the McLaren team in 1963. It entered its first Formula 1 race in 1966 and won its first Grand Prix in 1968. More than 40 years and 182 Grand Prix victories later, Vodafone McLaren Mercedes is still renowned as one of the sport’s most successful teams, and has won eight constructors’ and 12 drivers’ championships with motorsport legends Emerson Fittipaldi, James Hunt, Niki Lauda, Alain Prost, Ayrton Senna, Mika Hakkinen and Lewis Hamilton.