Proving Social Media's Value
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) June 1, 2009
- Ben Straley, CEO of Meteor Solution, will be part of the SMX Advanced Panel, "Proving Social Media's Value: Social media's got plenty of hype -- but how do you prove that it's more than hype, especially if you're looking for marketing dollars to invest in it? This session looks at ways to measure ROI of social media activities", and will take place on June 2, 2009 from 1:45pm - 3:00pm.
- On the "Proving Social Media's Value" panel, Ben will be alongside other reputable executives, such as Tony Adam, SEO Manager, Yahoo!; Tarla Cummings, Social Media Manager, Location3 Media; and Edmund Wong, Senior Vice President, Strategy, iCrossing. Chris Sherman, Executive Editor of Search Engine Land, will be moderating.
- The SMX Advanced Conference attracts thought leaders of search engine marketing, and will take place in Seattle's Bell Harbor International Conference Center, June 2-3, 2009.
- Meteor Solutions is an Internet software technology provider that measures the value of online word-of-mouth activities with the same precision as paid media. The company's Meteor Tracker quantifies the "pass-along" of content from one person to another as they share links, bookmarks, emails, instant messages and mobile messages. As tracked content is shared among friends, on blogs, and within communities, Meteor generates a sharing graph that shows exactly which people, blogs, and social networks are generating the most buzz about a brand, product, or campaign - so marketers can then make targeted media buys and optimize campaigns based on the findings.
- In general, Meteor has proven that word-of-mouth drives 20% of the unique visitors to the web sites it monitors, putting it in the same league as other major online traffic drivers, such as search engines. In addition, Meteor's data has proven that the traffic driven by word-of-mouth converts at a rate that is up to 4X greater than visitors from online ads and other sources.
- Meteor has been used to track word of mouth for several multi-million dollar marketing campaigns for some of the top online, mobile, travel and game companies.
"Social media is pervasive, but the biggest problem for online marketers is how to harness it to help a company's brand and ultimately its ROI. This panel will educate its audience on how social media can actually be tracked and how those metrics can have positive effects on a company's bottom line," said Ben Straley, chief executive officer, Meteor Solutions. "Meteor Solutions is a perfect fit for this panel as our technology actually enables marketers to identify exactly what 'action' - such as a shared link, email, text message, social network posting etc. - is associated with each mention of a brand and can measure with precision the impact those actions have on a company's brand and bottom line."
About Meteor Solutions:
Meteor Solutions is an Internet software company that captures data for online word-of-mouth activities - filling the huge advertising and marketing gap currently plaguing the online advertising industry. Using the patent-pending Meteor technology platform, Meteor Solutions enables advertisers and publishers to measure, optimize and amplify online word-of-mouth with the same precision as paid advertising. Since it was founded in December 2008, Seattle-based Meteor has been used to track word of mouth for several multi-million dollar marketing campaigns by major brands. Some of the top online, mobile, and game companies are also using Meteor, and its client list is continuing to grow despite the economic downturn. More information about Meteor Solutions and the Meteor platform can be found at http://www.meteorsolutions.com .