NEW YORK (PRWEB) August 29, 2018
NCPDP announced today the call for proposals for its 2019 Annual Technology & Business Conference, which will be held May 6-8, 2019, at the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona. The theme of the conference, Dare to Disrupt, captures NCPDP’s inherent, bold innovation and its continuing efforts to break new ground and deliver industry standards and solutions that benefit all healthcare stakeholders - including patients. NCPDP’s national conference draws more than 700 attendees from across the healthcare industry, including technical, business and executive representatives from health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, retail and independent pharmacies, long-term care providers, healthcare consultants, technology vendors, manufacturers, wholesale drug distributors, database management organizations and others.
New this year, NCPDP is accepting submissions for two different session formats:
- Standard Track Sessions are 60-minute sessions, providing for a 45-minute presentation and 15 minutes of question and answer.
- Rapid-fire, Hot Topic Sessions are 30-minute sessions focused on emerging trends. These sessions are designed to be both cutting-edge and highly-focused, requiring the presenter to share ideas and achieve learning objective(s) in 20 minutes, with the remaining 10 minutes open for interactive discussion.
NCPDP encourages the submission of proposals covering a broad range of educational, informative healthcare and pharmacy topic areas, such as:
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain Technology
- Compliance, Accreditation, Government Mandates and Audits, HIPAA
- Population Health Management
- Precision Medicine
- Medication Adherence, Medication Management
- mHealth (mobile health)
- Patient Experience, Patient Engagement
- Pharmacist as Provider, Pharmacist Provided Patient Care
- Pharmacy Quality Measures
- Rebates, Chargebacks
- Social Determinants of Health
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Standards & Interoperability
- Wearables Data
- 340B Drug Discount Program
Preference will be given to case studies, pilot results and emerging trends. The deadline to submit a proposal is September 28, 2018.
For more information or to submit a proposal, visit: http://ncpdp.org/ac/call-for-proposals-info.aspx. For real-time updates before and during the conference, follow us at http://twitter.com/ncpdp or join the discussion using NCPDP’s 2019 Annual Technology & Business Conference hashtag: #NCPDP19.
Founded in 1977, NCPDP is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited, Standards Development Organization with more than 1,500 members representing virtually every sector of the pharmacy services industry. Our diverse membership provides leadership and healthcare business solutions through education and standards, created using the consensus building process. NCPDP has been named in federal legislation, including HIPAA, MMA, and HITECH. NCPDP members have created standards such as the Telecommunication Standard and Batch Standard, the SCRIPT Standard for ePrescribing, the Manufacturers Rebate Standard and more to improve communication within the pharmacy industry. Our data products include dataQ®, a robust database of information on more than 80,000 pharmacies, resQ™, an industry pharmacy credentialing resource, and HCIdea®, an innovative prescriber database that provides continually updated information on more than 2.5 million prescribers. NCPDP's RxReconn® is a legislative tracking product for real-time monitoring of pharmacy-related state and national legislative and regulatory activity. For more information about NCPDP Standards, Data Services, Products, Educational Programs and Work Group meetings, go online at http://www.ncpdp.org or call 480.477.1000.