Nikon Announces the NIKKOR AF-S 80-400mm F4.5-5.6G ED VR ultimate medium to super-telephoto zoom lens
NYC, NY (PRWEB) March 05, 2013
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR ultimate medium to super-telephoto zoom lens, that handles portraiture as well as it handles long-distance wildlife and action photography. With the broadest focal length range in Nikon's super-telephoto zoom lineup, it reduces the number of lenses one'll need to carry into the field and expands the handheld shooting capabilities, thanks to Nikon’s Vibration Reduction (VR) technology. Create spectacular photos and HD videos in any light, from any distance. Any subject.
Any distance. Remarkable versatility and performance
Travel light. Shoot with confidence. The AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR covers the broadest focal length range of any NIKKOR super-telephoto zoom lens. At 80mm, its an ideal medium-telephoto portrait lens. Create stunning portraits with a medium telephoto perspective and softly blurred backgrounds. At 400mm, it’s a powerful super-telephoto lens suited to wildlife and action photography, with or without a tripod. For dazzling close-ups with macro detail, get as close as 5.7 ft. from the subject and zoom in to 400mm—one’ll be amazed by the results!
Sharp, beautiful images in any light
Nikon’s VR image stabilization with Tripod Auto Detect at super-telephoto focal lengths, even the slightest camera movement can cause image blur. Fortunately, the AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR features Nikon’s second-generation Vibration Reduction technology to ensure every handheld photo and HD video is razor-sharp. It also lets you shoot at shutter speeds 4-times slower than otherwise possible, a major advantage in low-light situations where a slower shutter speed means brighter, richer images. The AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR even detects when a photographer is using a tripod and automatically delivers specialized VR correction.
Nikon innovations in optical design and lens technology have given way to a remarkable new class of NIKKOR lenses. The AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR is among them. From its Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for ultra-fast, ultra-quiet autofocusing to its Extra-low DIspersion (ED) glass elements for maximum contrast and minimum lens flare and ghosting, one can expect a lifetime of consistent brilliant performances. The AF-S NIKKOR 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR is equally at home on
DX- or FX-format Nikon cameras.
Nikon Nikkor AF-S 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR lens key features
- FX-format compatible, 5x telephoto zoom lens covering the focal-length range from 80 to 400 mm for shooting sports, nature and landscapes
- Newly developed optical design employing Nano Crystal Coat, one super ED glass and four ED glass elements
- Focuses as close as 5.7 feet at all focal ranges during AF operation
- VR (Vibration Reduction) minimizes camera shake by offering a shutter speed equivalent to 4.0 stops faster (at 400 mm; based on CIPA Guidelines)
- Tripod mode VR image stabilization
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM ) offers quiet AF operation while achieving the highest level AF speed in this class
- Three focus modes are available — A/M (autofocus with manual override, AF priority), M/A (autofocus with manual override, manual priority) and M (manual focus)
- AF is possible even with a 1.4x tele-converter when attached to an f/8-compatible camera (Available with only f/8-compatible cameras such as the D4, D800 series, D600 and D7100)
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) offers quiet AF operation while achieving the highest level AF speed in this class
- IF (internal Focus) keeps lens compact
- 9 bladed diaphragm for beautiful Bokeh
B&H Photo Video is currently accepting pre-orders on the Nikon 80-400mm F4.5-5.6G ED VR lens.
Read and learn more about the Nikon Nikkor 80-400mm /f4.5-5.6G lens at BH InDepth
About B&H Photo Video
As the world's largest source of photography, video and audio equipment, B&H Photo-Video is known worldwide for their attentive, knowledgeable sales staff, and excellent customer service, including fast and reliable shipping. Visitors to the website can access a variety of enlightening articles and educational videos. B&H has been satisfying customers worldwide for nearly to 40 years.