NEWBURYPORT, Mass., March 13, 2018 /PRNewswire-iReach/
The Online Learning Consortium ( OLC) today announced recipients of its 2018 OLC Effective Practice Awards, recognizing effective techniques, strategies and practices that are shared by members of the OLC community to advance quality and access to digital learning programs. The awards will be presented during the upcoming OLC Innovate (#OLCInnovate) conference, which takes place April 18-20, in Nashville, Tennessee.
"We are delighted to recognize the outstanding commitment and accomplishments of this year's Effective Practice honorees, each of whom has demonstrated a dedication to advancing digital education," said Kathleen S. Ives, D.M., chief executive officer and executive director for the Online Learning Consortium.
Through the OLC Effective Practices program, the OLC community shares techniques, strategies and practices that have worked effectively in their institution or program. Effective practices are peer reviewed and evaluated against OLC's five pillars of quality in digital education: access, learning effectiveness, faculty satisfaction, student satisfaction and scalability.
"We congratulate and thank the 2018 OLC Effective Practice honorees for sharing their innovative approaches to some of digital learning's most important challenges," said Jill Buban, PhD, senior director of research & innovation for OLC. "Their solutions and lessons learned offer valuable guidance for those creating and managing digital learning programs and initiatives throughout the OLC community."
The 2018 Effective Practice Awards recipients who will be recognized at OLC Innovate are:
- Alexandra Pickett, Open SUNY, Center for Online Teaching Excellence, State University of New York, for "Open SUNY 'Interested in Teaching Online?': A Large-Scale Online Faculty Readiness Resource"
- Lynn Brabender and Karen Vignare, Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities(APLU) – Personalized Learning Consortium, for "Scaling Campus-Wide Advising Reform: Using an Online, Asynchronous, Video-Based Course to Guide Campus Leadership in Launching Comprehensive Advising Redesign"
- Laurie Beford, Lyda DiTommaso Downs and Melissa McDowell, Walden University, for "Peer Coaching for Remote Faculty"
- Katherine Strang and Fran Reed, Walden University, for "Putting Theory into Practice Using Simulation Scenarios"
- Taylor Kendal and Alex McDaniel, Metropolitan State University of Denver, for "The Agile Instructional Design Network and Course Design Xchange"
- Bucky Dodd and Stacy Southerland, University of Central Oklahoma, Center for eLearning & Connected Environments, for "A Visual Language and Method for Designing Successful Learning Experiences"
- Larisa Olesova and Susan Campbell, George Mason University, for "Mentoring University Faculty: The Cooperative Mentorship Model"
- Fawn Thompson, Boston University, for "Develop a Peer Review Practice to Meet Challenges, Improve Accessibility, Promote Collaboration, and Expand Expertise in Online Course Design"
More information about the OLC Effective Practice Awards can be found online at https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/about/olc-awards/effective-practices/.
Complete information about OLC Innovate is available online at https://onlinelearningconsortium.org/attend-2018/innovate/.
About Online Learning Consortium
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) is a collaborative community of higher education leaders and innovators, dedicated to advancing quality digital teaching and learning experiences designed to reach and engage the modern learner – anyone, anywhere, anytime. OLC inspires innovation and quality through an extensive set of resources, including, best-practice publications, quality benchmarking, leading-edge instruction, community-driven conferences, practitioner-based and empirical research and expert guidance. The growing OLC community includes faculty members, administrators, trainers, instructional designers, and other learning professionals, as well as educational institutions, professional societies and corporate enterprises. Visit http://onlinelearningconsortium.org for more information.
Media Contact: Eileen Pacheco, Tango Group LLC, 508-254-1440, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Online Learning Consortium