NewspaperDirect is committed to continually innovating in mobile application development to create an immersive user experience second to none — both for readers and for our publishers.
Vancouver, Canada (Vocus/PRWEB) January 13, 2011
The latest version of PressReader, optimized for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch, is now available for download from the iTunes App Store. Developed by NewspaperDirect Inc., the world leader in multi-channel newspaper and magazine content distribution, the latest version of PressReader for Apple iOS delivers a visually stunning experience for reading the more than 1,700 newspapers and magazines from 93 countries that are available on PressDisplay.com.
PressReader Version 2.2 is compatible with iOS 4.2, sports a bold, new look and incorporates dozens of user requests, including: faster page navigation; smoother operation; and simplified downloading and auto-delivery of newspaper subscriptions. Other features added in this version:
- Faster zooming in graphics mode
- Ability to wirelessly print full pages and individual articles to AirPrint-enabled printers
- Improved message format when sharing an article via Facebook
- New Library Shelf view that mimics a traditional newsstand
- Improved navigation using section and page slider
- Ability to automatically remove publications after 60 days (users can still choose to automatically remove issues after 3, 7, 14, and 30 days, or choose not to automatically remove old publications).
- Simplified automatic delivery of newspapers
- Ability to exclude downloaded publications when backing up via iTunes
- Numerous performance and stability improvements to enhance the browsing experience
“NewspaperDirect is committed to continually innovating in mobile application development to create an immersive user experience second to none — both for readers and for our publishers, a number of whom white-label the app for their brand-loyal subscribers,” said Alex Kroogman, CEO of NewspaperDirect. “This highly anticipated upgrade of PressReader is just the first step in the evolution of a whole new design for the product, which will not only form the basis of our iPad app, but will be the platform for all the new tablets hitting the market in coming months.”
PressReader for Apple iOS (supporting Apple iPad, Apple iPhone, and Apple iPod Touch) is available as a free download from the iTunes AppStore. Most individual newspapers and magazines can then be purchased for $0.99 per issue, or downloaded in conjunction with a paid subscription on PressDisplay.com. For details on subscription pricing, visit our subscription page. A version of PressReader for Android phones and tablets is also available.
NewspaperDirect corporate video and blog.
Follow PressDisplay and PressReader on:
and YouTube (youtube.com/user/pressdisplay)
PressReader is the companion offline application for the world’s largest online newspaper and magazine kiosk, PressDisplay.com. PressReader delivers the most authentic newspaper-reading experience on PCs, Macs, smartphones, Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad), BlackBerry devices, and the latest Android handhelds and tablets.
With PressReader, you can hold a digital edition of your favorite publication in your hands and read it from cover to cover, just the way the title was printed — with no compromises in quality, fidelity or content. Enjoy your favorite daily read from a selection of more than 1,700 newspapers and magazines from 93 countries in 48 languages. With PressReader, you can:
- Set up an automated subscription to your favorite titles
- Flip pages like you’re reading a real publication
- Pan, zoom or rotate pages, articles and photos and view in stunning clarity.
- Easily navigate publications using thumbnails or tables of contents
- Open full articles in easy-to-read text view
- Sit back and listen to the publication using on-demand audio
- Search online across titles and select the title you wish to download
- Share articles by email
- Authorize PressReader as part of your PressDisplay.com subscription
About NewspaperDirect Inc.
NewspaperDirect delivers the world's newspapers and magazines to millions of readers the way they want to receive them — in print, online, or on their mobile device, tablet or eReader — wherever they live, travel, work or play. With the most innovative digital publishing technology in the industry and the only zero operational-cost business model, NewspaperDirect is recognized as the world leader in multi-channel content distribution and monetization, and is the chosen partner of more than 1,700 publishers from 93 countries.