The ability to track and benchmark an enterprise’s security posture on a continuous basis is vital to maintaining a protected network
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) November 23, 2010
While most mature IT security organizations have implemented a long list of defensive controls along with layers of vulnerability, compliance and event management systems, security leadership still lacks a straightforward method of discerning their current standing in relation to real-world risks and communicating those indicators to senior management in a clear-cut manner. To bridge this gap, Lumension, the global leader in endpoint management and security, today released the latest version (v4.2) of Lumension® Risk Manager, part of the Lumension Compliance and IT Risk Management Solution.
Lumension Risk Manager (LRM) provides a better way for security professionals to establish and trend critical IT security metrics across the enterprise known as security posture. LRM is a powerful solution for gathering, correlating and measuring key risk data across the enterprise, giving IT security and operations professionals’ clear visibility into overall security posture within the company and across individual business units. LRM also provides the added visibility and trending scores needed for understanding how well internal security and external compliance policies have been applied.
“The ability to track and benchmark an enterprise’s security posture on a continuous basis is vital to maintaining a protected network,” commented Jeff Hughes, director of solution marketing for Lumension. “Security posture trending offers key metrics about how secure a company is becoming. In tandem with this, IT security managers also need to know how well they are complying with internal policy mandates. This type of metric has typically been difficult to measure with any degree of accuracy because internal policies are not often tracked through software. LRM is well equipped to provide key security personnel the security posture information they need to better communicate IT risks to C-level and business unit leaders. The tangible metrics that LRM provides, allow an organization to benchmark security performance, risk and compliance from a single console.”
New features added to the latest release of Lumension Risk Manager include:
- New modular content packs, including updated Unified Compliance Framework (UCF) content, greatly simplify the content upgrade process, deploying new content updates as soon as they become available from the UCF.
- Extensions to scenario-based risk modeling and metrics and to the Lumension Connector Development Kit (CDK); enable detailed operational security reports on the systems that LRM connects to, for example, detailed patch status reports can be produced directly from the LRM dashboard.
- Improvements to LRM reporting capabilities, including integration of report links into in-product menus, improved custom report parameter entry panels and the ability to publish/share custom dashboard views with other users.
- Nested dynamic groups with cascading subject criteria statements allows greater flexibility when defining groups of assets for measuring compliance and security posture.
Lumension Risk Manager version 4.2 is now available. Go to Lumension Risk Manager for more information.
- Lumension Risk Manager Trial
- Download the whitepaper Demystifying Risk to Achieve Greater Security and Compliance
About Lumension Security, Inc.
Lumension Security, Inc., a global leader in operational endpoint management and security, develops, integrates and markets security software solutions that help businesses protect their vital information and manage critical risk across network and endpoint assets. Lumension enables more than 5,100 customers worldwide to achieve optimal security and IT success by delivering a proven and award-winning solution portfolio that includes Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Protection, Data Protection, and Reporting and Compliance offerings. Lumension is known for providing world-class customer support and services 24x7, 365 days a year. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Lumension has operations worldwide, including Virginia, Utah, Florida, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Australia, and Singapore. Lumension: IT Secured. Success Optimized.™ More information can be found at lumension.com .
Lumension, the Lumension logo, and the tagline “IT Secured. Success Optimized.” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lumension Security, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.