A Whole New Species of Television
Past News ReleasesRSS
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (PRWEB) April 30, 2009
Samsung Electronics today launched its first full line of iconic LED TVs, and unveiled a comprehensive range of over 55 audio-visual products designed to deliver richer and more exciting digital experiences at the Samsung 2009 AV Roadshow. The range of LED TVs with the tagline "A Whole New Species of Television" signals Samsung's commitment to breaking new ground and creating new markets as a leading industry player and innovator.
"Samsung has pioneered a new species in the TV market with our LED TVs that redefines the standards for viewing quality, home entertainment décor and energy efficiency. We are committed to leveraging our technological and design leadership to create new categories, markets and demand, and will continue to keep our fingers on the pulses of consumers' evolving needs and develop innovative products that enhance their digital lifestyles," said Yoon Ki-Heung, Managing Director, Samsung Malaysia Electronics Sdn Bhd.
The immense market potential of the new category is expected to help drive the global TV market leader towards its target of selling 26 million flat-screen TVs globally in 2009. According to Displaybank, LCD TVs equipped with LED BLUs will make up eight per cent of the total market by 2011.
Samsung's range of LED TVs incorporates cutting-edge display technologies, innovative design and environmentally friendly features, made possible only by the groundbreaking use of LED technology. A key feature is Mega Contrast technology, which intelligently controls the LED's brightness levels to produce authentic blacks with the backlights generating the richest and most vivid colors that are crystal clear without any blurring. The use of LED technology also enables Samsung's LED Full HD TVs to be 70 per cent slimmer and consumes less than 40 per cent of the power consumed by conventional LCD TVs.
Samsung's range of audio-visual products showcased at the roadshow include:
- LED TVs: Samsung's LED TV Series 8 8000 boasts a frame rate of 200Hz - four times the rate of other TVs - to nearly eliminate blurring effects when displaying quick, action-packed motion, while the Samsung LED TV Series 7 7000 incorporates Samsung's acclaimed Auto Motion Plus™ frame interpolation technology for pure TV viewing pleasure. The line-up also includes the Samsung LED TV Series 6 6000, which offers mega contrast ratios, a full, natural range of colors and crystal-clear detail in a slim package that is just over an inch thick. Samsung LED TV Series 8 8000 will be available in Malaysia in June 2009, while Samsung LED TV Series 7 7000 and 6 6000 are available for sale in Malaysia from end April 2009.
- LCD HDTVs: Samsung's LCD HDTVs incorporate advancements in black levels, color reproduction and motion quality to create clear and vibrant images. The B750 Full HD LCD TV includes a 200Hz refresh rate, improved Ultra Clear Panel and Wide Color Enhancer 3 technology, while the B650 Full HD LCD TV packs Samsung's proprietary Auto Motion Plus™ frame-interpolation technology to produce razor sharp images even with fast-paced motion in action scenes. Completing the line-up are the B550 and B450 HD LCD TVs featuring new Digital High Contrast technology to produce deeper blacks for a more polished picture quality. All models are available for sale in Malaysia from end April 2009.
- Plasma TV: The Samsung B650 Full HD Plasma TV with its 50" frame makes for a conversation starter. The B650 brings the richest, most realistically represented images to life and includes a full suite of features, including Full 1080p High Definition, DNIe+, FilterBright, and an astounding 1,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast ratio, giving all viewers an experience of complete quality.
Home Entertainment Systems
- Home Theater Systems: HT-BD1250 Blu-ray 5.1 Channel Home Theater boasts 1,000 watts of output and 5.1 channel sound, to produce rich, lifelike audio. HT-SB1 2.0 Channel Speaker Bar produces powerful and surround sound quality with the main speaker connected wirelessly to the sub woofer for a sleek and stylish look that is a perfect complement to Samsung LED Full HD TVs. The HT-BD1250 will be available from May 2009 while Malaysians may already experience the HT-SB1 in the nearest electronics store.
- Blu-ray Player: BD-P3600 produces breathtaking high-definition images and the highest quality audio on the market and is capable of instantly streaming movies and music with wireless networking featuring 802.11N Wi-fi connection. The model packs a whopping built-in 1GB internal memory (upgradeable using SD Card and USB). In addition, it comes with special interactive features with BD-Live 2.0 make movie night even more exciting. With a sleek, slim design, this player will be introduced in May 2009.
- Digital Camcorders: HMX-R10 is the world's smallest Full HD digital camcorder which can also capture high quality, 12-megapixel digital still photos, while the HMX-H106 Full HD digital camcorder is the world's first to feature an internal 64GB Solid State Drive (SSD) which offers users better performing and more durable internal memory compared to Hard Disk Drives (HDD). The models will be available in from May 2009.
- Digital Cameras: Samsung's latest line-up of digital cameras incorporates smart innovations that enable users to take top quality pictures with ease:
- ST Series - 12.2-megapixel ultraportable ST50 is a 2009 CES Innovation Award honoree for "Ultra-Slim Digital Camera". It is available from April 2009.
- WB Series - 10.2-megapixel WB500 packs the world's first ultra-wide 24mm Schneider lens digital camera with 10x optical zoom and is currently available for sale in Malaysia.
- ES Series - 10-megapixel ES55 digital camera with lithium-ion battery and ES15, and 8-megapíxel ES10 are user-friendly and accessible models ideally suited for families and entry-level users looking for easy-to-use options. They are available for sale in Malaysia since April 2009.
- PL Series - 10.2-megapixel PL60 feature standard 35mm lens and a powerful 5x optical zoom as well as Optical and Digital Image Stabilization, while the slim and stylish 9-megapixel PL10 features a large 2.7-inch QVGA TFT LCD screen as well as a built-in PMP with integrated MP3 player and Digital Image Stabilizer. Both are available for sale from end-April 2009.
For more information on the new products above, please visit http://www.samsung.com/my/.
SAMSUNG Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2008 consolidated sales of US$96 billion. Employing approximately 150,000 people in 134 offices in 62 countries, the company consists of two business units: Digital Media & Communications and Device Solutions. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, SAMSUNG Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit http://www.samsung.com