This can have a huge impact on a company's ability to compete globally and meet business goals. These days, a customer who can't find what they need or who has a frustrating experience on your Web site, can easily go elsewhere. Clearly, some companies have realized that it's time to look at their Web implementation resources and put the control back in the hands of the content owners.
NEW YORK (PRWEB) November 8, 2007
Not surprisingly, a large majority of the marketers, 76 percent, change their Web site content at least once a week, or even daily. Yet the success rate for meeting Web publishing deadlines is alarmingly low - less than 30 percent of the time. When asked which departments are most involved in managing their Web site, the responsibility was split nearly evenly across marketing, communications and IT. Overly-complicated internal approval processes and dissatisfaction with the Web content management (WCM) system, whether software or manual, were mentioned as the reasons behind delays by 52 percent of the respondents. Nearly half of the respondents agreed that overloaded IT departments contributed to the delays, confirming opinions expressed by industry experts that IT is bogged down with web content requests that could be more easily handled by marketing and communications departments.
"As the Web picks up speed daily, there are internal forces at work that are slowing it down," said Erik Aeyelts Averink, president, Products & Solutions for SDL Tridion. "This can have a huge impact on a company's ability to compete globally and meet business goals. These days, a customer who can't find what they need or who has a frustrating experience on your Web site, can easily go elsewhere. Clearly, some companies have realized that it's time to look at their Web implementation resources and put the control back in the hands of the content owners."
Newer WCM software technologies, such as SDL Tridion's R5 software, are now so intuitive that even a non-technical person can easily learn how to use them, enabling marketers to launch multiple campaigns in multiple languages, while still allowing local customization. These systems can also take over the job of streamlining the internal approval process, while maintaining appropriate controls over Web content that affects corporate branding, policies and legal guidelines.
PK Data completed the survey of 120 senior marketing decision makers in the consumer products, electronics/telecommunications, healthcare, financial services, and automotive industries. 70 percent of the respondents work at companies with annual sales ranging from $250 million to more than $1 billion. Annual sales for the remaining 30 percent range from $50 million to $250 million.
About SDL Tridion
SDL Tridion is a global leader in Web Content Management (WCM) solutions. Our enterprise class WCM solution enables organizations to deliver a consistent, interactive and highly targeted customer experience, in multiple languages, across multiple Web sites and channels. In addition to content creation, management, translation, delivery and archiving solutions, SDL Tridion provides brand management, targeted communication, multi-channel delivery and visitor interaction capabilities. More than 430 organizations rely on SDL Tridion solutions, including well-known global brands such as ABN AMRO, BBVA, Canon, Emirates, KLM, Lexus, Renault, Ricoh, Sanofi-Aventis, Scania, Toyota, Unilever and Yamaha. SDL Tridion has offices and partners throughout North America, Europe and Asia. For more information about SDL Tridion, please visit http://www.sdltridion.com. SDL Tridion is a division of SDL, the leader in global information management (GIM) solutions. For more information about SDL, please visit http://www.sdl.com.
Editor Note: To arrange an interview with SDL Tridion, Forrester Research, or Molecular, please contact: Liz McDonnell, Gibbs & Soell PR, 212-697-2600, ext. 1247, email@example.com