We’ve decided to offer 25 charities per year the opportunity to learn online marketing skills at no cost, to help them make the most of their limited marketing budgets.
San Jose, CA (PRWEB) July 5, 2010
Online training institution Search Engine College has announced a plan to sponsor selected charities and not-for-profit organizations worldwide, by providing free online training to their staff.
Each year, the College will provide 25 charities and not-for-profits a training coupon that can be redeemed by one of their staff to take a self-study marketing course of their choice to the value of USD 295. It is hoped that the training will assist not-for-profits and charities to more successfully promote their web sites online.
"We're thrilled that so many people around the world have benefited from our courses, but we're also aware that many grass-roots charities and not-for-profit sites don't even have a marketing budget, let alone a budget for training," says Kalena Jordan, Director of Studies for Search Engine College.
"To make it easier, we've decided to offer 25 charities per year the opportunity to learn online marketing skills at no cost, to help them make the most of their limited marketing budgets."
Since its inception in 2004, Search Engine College has set new industry standards for education and training in the field of Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing by providing online courses to students in 49 countries worldwide.
The free training scheme is open to registered charities and not-for-profit organizations worldwide interested in taking online marketing training. Courses are available in the following disciplines:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Pay Per Click Advertising (e.g. Google AdWords)
- Link Building
- Web Site Copywriting
- Article Marketing
- Web Site Usability
- Copywriting for PPC
To qualify for the offer, your charity / NFP organization needs to meet the following conditions:
1) Have a web site.
2) Be registered for at least 12 months.
3) Be listed on CharityNavigator.org, the UK Charity Commission, the NZ Charities Commission or the equivalent charity register in your country.
4) Not have any religious or political affiliations.
Charitable organizations and not-for-profits interested in the free training scheme are invited to get in touch with Search Engine College directly, as follows:
- Quote the phrase "charity training" in the email subject line or comments field.
- Include your charity / NFP name and web site URL.
- Include your charity registration number and charity register URL.
- Include a sentence or two about what course would best benefit your charity and why.
Organizations that have already benefited from the free training initiative include:
- National Heart Foundation of New Zealand
- Edinburgh Voluntary Organisations' Council
- UK Connect
- Christchurch Women's Refuge
- The Prisoners' Aid and Rehabilitation Society
- The Centre for Alternative Technology
- Canterbury Mental Health Education and Resource Centre
If you know of a worthy charity or not-for-profit that might benefit from free online training, please direct them to this release, or have them contact Search Engine College directly.
About Search Engine College
Search Engine College (SEC) is an online training institution offering instructor-led short courses and downloadable self-study courses in Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing subjects. SEC is owned by Jordan Consulting Group and managed by search engine optimization industry expert Kalena Jordan. SEC employs experienced tutors who are specialized in various aspects of search engine marketing and well-respected in the industry.
For further enquiries or information contact:
Search Engine College
Kalena Jordan - Director of Studies
Phone: + 347 767 6726
# # #