“Although considered high-risk, senior drivers still have ways to lower car insurance costs”, said Russell Rabichev, Marketing Director of Internet Marketing Company.
LOS ANGELES (PRWEB) September 11, 2019
Compare-autoinsurance.org has launched a new blog post that presents professional tips which can be used by drivers who seek cheap car insurance for seniors.
For more info and free quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/top-tips-for-the-elderly-to-get-better-car-insurance/
After the age of 70, drivers begin to be considered high-risk. The statistical data presented by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) shows an increase of accident frequency for elderly drivers. As a result, insurers place seniors in the high-risk category. Drivers who seek better coverage should follow the next tips:
- Apply for low-mileage discount. Retired people who do not have to commute to work drive less than the average driver. They should apply for low mileage discounts that will drastically reduce the costs.
- Graduate refresher/defensive driving courses. They will give the driver the chance to recap the theoretical knowledge and practice his driving skills. Classes are cheap and will provide valuable discounts after graduation.
- Install anti-theft devices. Besides deterring thieves, these devices will help the car owner qualify for discounts. Ask the insurer for which types of devices will they grant a discount.
- Use a cheaper car. A new model can be quite expensive to insure. Instead, drivers should choose a 4-5 years old model which also has some safety devices installed. These devices may even qualify the driver for a discount.
- Pay-in-full. It might be difficult for an elderly person to pay a large amount of cash, but paying the car insurance policy at once has its benefits. The policyholder can get a 5 percent to 10 percent discount that occurs from eliminating monthly interest charges and administration fees.
- Use online car insurance quotes. They will help the drivers compare rates and decide whether they should keep the same provider or switch to a company with better rates. Get multiple quotes, for free, from brokerage websites.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.