We chose DocAve because of its unified platform, which will enable us to scale our SharePoint deployment and effectively meet challenges in all areas.
Jersey City, NJ (PRWEB) September 25, 2012
AvePoint, leader in governance and infrastructure management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint, today announced the general availability of DocAve 6 Service Pack (SP) 1, the next generation of the enterprise-class management platform for SharePoint governance. DocAve 6 SP1 is designed to increase business productivity, reduce total cost of ownership, provide IT assurance, and enable security and compliance for enterprise content. DocAve 6 SP1 helps SharePoint 2010 customers to unify management of on-premise, cloud, and hybrid SharePoint farms, including Microsoft Office 365.
“We chose DocAve because of its unified platform, which will enable us to scale our SharePoint deployment and effectively meet challenges in all areas,” said Scott Glaser, SharePoint Architect at Park Nicollet Health Services.
Major feature enhancements in DocAve 6 SP1 that support the implementation and enforcement of SharePoint governance policies include:
- Quickly Meet Stringent Service Level Agreements: With improved volume shadow copy service (VSS) utilization, platform-level backups will be faster than ever before. AvePoint’s exclusive database virtualization technology, InstaMount, further decreases item-level restore times from platform-level snapshots to just minutes.
- Confidently Protect all Vital Data: With DocAve’s unique ability to capture external BLOB stores in platform-level backups, and granularly protect SharePoint sites hosted on Office 365, organizations can seamlessly protect all mission critical data no matter where it resides.
- Additional Migration Support for SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online: Consolidate enterprise-wide content from legacy repositories – including previous versions of SharePoint, Documentum eRoom, Livelink, and more – onto SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online to establish the on-premises, hybrid, or cloud-based environment that best suits your specific business needs.
- Unmatched Control – On-Premises or in the Cloud: Report on SharePoint assets and compare against Microsoft best practices in order to identify risk and opportunities for improvement. Copy, move, replicate, and synchronize an entire site collection or individual items, and automate content selection based on customizable business rules to streamline content publishing within or across environments – including on-premises or SharePoint Online-hosted extranets.
- Increase IT Productivity by Delegating Responsibilities to End-Users: Delegate robust permissions management capabilities to the right people via SharePoint’s interface with a Security Management Web Part. Allow end-users to manage storage and compliance archiving needs, and grant fully security trimmed access to DocAve for administration, backup and recovery, replication, and content management – including cloud environments.
- Enable Greater Compliance for Business Content: Integrate SharePoint with enterprise records management solutions including Autonomy® Digital Safe and Concordance®, store immutable copies of SharePoint document-based and social content, and export captured data for legal discovery.
“We are continuing to work closely with our more than 10,000 customers worldwide to ensure that our products meet their specific needs for their SharePoint environments,” said George Petrou, Senior Vice President of Product Management at AvePoint. “Our enhanced support for cloud management, compliance, data protection, and migration ensures that we are continuing to help organizations govern, manage, protect, and scale their business-critical SharePoint deployments.”
DocAve 6 SP1 is generally available to customers today, September 25. For more information about all of the new features and functionality in DocAve 6 SP1, please visit http://www.avepoint.com/docave6.
AvePoint is a global technology company and proven software leader. Since its founding in 2001, AvePoint has become the world's largest provider of enterprise-class governance and infrastructure management solutions for Microsoft SharePoint. Propelled by the world's largest SharePoint-exclusive research & development team, AvePoint helps more than 10,000 customers – including many Fortune 500 companies and government agencies – meet their specific business objectives utilizing the SharePoint platform. AvePoint, Inc. is headquartered and maintains its principal operational center in Jersey City, NJ, with wholly owned operational centers in the USA, Canada, Australia, South Africa, United Kingdom, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Japan, Singapore, and China. AvePoint is a Depth Managed Microsoft Gold Certified Portals and Collaboration Partner and Gold Certified ISV Partner as well as a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.