With our Idea & Innovation Management Solution, innovation truly becomes a part of the daily work of people across SharePoint 2010.
Reston, Va. (PRWEB) August 29, 2011
CorasWorks Corporation, a global leader in business solutions and applications on the Microsoft SharePoint collaboration and social platform, today announced the new version of its Idea & Innovation Management solution. This robust end-to-end solution provides a rich web experience for idea capture and collaboration, along with structured review, evaluation and approval, and the ability to integrate with activities that drive downstream execution.
“With our Idea & Innovation Management Solution, innovation truly becomes a part of the daily work of people across SharePoint 2010,” said William Rogers, Founder and Chief Architect at CorasWorks. “Success with innovation initiatives relies on visibility and engagement that drive business objectives. Users can now easily and conveniently contribute and collaborate from wherever they work in SharePoint - the collaborative and process activity comes to them. Engaging and innovating now becomes part of each user’s daily work.”
This new version of the solution builds on the strength and power of the previous version by enhancing and extending an already robust feature set and adding a long list of new features. Some of the key new features include:
- Business Activity Stream allowing users to work from anywhere and contribute and collaborate
- Integration with SharePoint 2010 Social Networking, including user profiles, My Sites, social tagging and social network
- Enhanced ability to easily customize communities and challenges to make them fit for purpose
- Ability to quickly deploy challenges, campaigns and contests across the enterprise and make them available to the users wherever they work
- Collaborative Management Reviews including private voting, commenting and reviews with scoring.
- Enhanced Auto-Promotion that automates the task of promoting ideas through stages
- Process Management Configuration Wizards for Task Automation, Workflow, Email Notification and Activity Stream
- Integrated Task Management, including integration with distributed team sites and project sites
- Robust Document Management leveraging SharePoint infrastructure, including check in/check out, version control, content approval, compliance and records management
- Integrated Open App toolset enabling organizations to integrate with external systems in read/write scenarios and extend the system for mobile and cloud integration scenarios
The CorasWorks Idea & Innovation Management Solution is a remarkably flexible system supporting many different innovation scenarios from very broad crowdsourcing and collaboration, to scenarios with very deep process management. In addition, it runs natively on SharePoint 2010, meaning it uses the data, administrative and security capabilities of SharePoint, as well as leverages native platform capabilities such as user profiles, My Sites and document management.
“Our customers’ innovation scenarios vary greatly and evolve over time, so the flexibility of our system is critical to their continued success,” said Rogers. “By running on and leveraging the SharePoint platform, we are giving our customers the best of two worlds – a consistent platform for them to manage that reduces cost, risk and complexity, and a flexible solution that makes innovation part of the daily work that people are doing across their collaborative workplace.”
The CorasWorks Idea & Innovation Management Solution is powered by CorasWorks Cim v2.1 for Microsoft SharePoint 2010, which was released by CorasWorks in July of 2011. Cim is social business software that enables organizations to leverage social collaboration tools in a business setting to harness the creativity, knowledge and wisdom of their communities and channel it to drive business results.
For more information on the CorasWorks Idea & Innovation Management Solution, join a webcast on Thurs., Sept. 1 at 1pm EDT. For information and to register, visit http://www.corasworks.net/sharepoint/9-1_idea_innovation_webcast_hp.html.
You can also read more about the solution at http://www.corasworks.net/software/innovation-management-idea-management-software-for-sharepoint.html.
CorasWorks is a global leader in business solutions and applications on the Microsoft SharePoint collaboration and social platform. Our solutions include Project Portfolio Management, Idea and Innovation Management and Social Business Collaboration. More than 1,000 organizations and 1 million users worldwide use solutions and applications from CorasWorks and our partners. With CorasWorks, organizations can accomplish their business objectives while dramatically reducing the risk, cost and complexity associated with traditional point solutions. CorasWorks is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner headquartered in Reston, Va. For more information, visit http://www.corasworks.net.