This exciting release of ShowDocument Now provides groundbreaking advances in usability and functionality. We've delivered the easiest way for users to communicate on the web: a single click is all that's required to join real-time one-on-one fully synchronized web meetings and document sharing sessions… with no software download or installation.
Farmington Hills, MI (PRWEB) September 8, 2009
HBR Labs, developers of ShowDocument (http://www.showdocument.com) announce a significant new release of their market-leading web meeting and online document sharing service: ShowDocument Now.
ShowDocument Now is one of a new breed of Software as a Service (SaaS) applications, available free of charge to users on demand; thereby relieving them from the burdens of software purchase, installation, licensing and maintenance. It brings the power of real-time online interaction and communication to individuals and small- to medium-sized organizations.
New features in ShowDocument Now include dedicated 'meeting rooms', secure online document storage, and mobile device support. Enhancements include simplified session scheduling, extended file format support, and improved session control.
This major new release retains the speed and efficiency of previous versions of ShowDocument - widely recognized as the fastest fully-featured online conferencing and collaboration application - without compromising its ease of use or minimal bandwidth requirements.
- Dedicated Meeting Rooms: Registered users are provided with a dedicated ShowDocument Now 'meeting room' address, which can be shared with colleagues to simplify and speed access to online collaboration and communication sessions.
- Secure Online Document Storage: To enable faster, more efficient and centralized collaboration, ShowDocument Now provides users with personalized online document storage on its secure servers; allowing web conferences to be conducted from any location. Documents can be edited and saved, converted to PDF format, and accessed whenever required.
- Mobile Device Support: A new ShowDocument Mobile utility allows users to view online collaboration sessions on their Windows Mobile Pocket PC and SmartPhone mobile devices.
- Simplified Session Scheduling: ShowDocument Now offers a quick and intuitive method of inviting participants to web meetings by auto-generating a unique session code and URL link, and enables meeting planners to distribute invitations via email directly from the website.
- Extended File Format Support: ShowDocument Now provides support for a wider range of document types, including Word, PowerPoint, PDF and Text files, as well as JPEG images, web pages and video clips. All file formats can be uploaded, viewed and annotated synchronously in real-time, and amendments can be saved to PDF format for future access and distribution.
- Improved Session Control: Participants in ShowDocument Now web meetings benefit from improved interaction, including one-click entry to online sessions, the ability to easily transfer control to other attendees, a Chat window, and access to a full range of Whiteboard text and drawing tools. All Whiteboard annotations can be saved for later review.
- Speed and Simplicity: Despite these significant new and upgraded features, ShowDocument Now maintains its reputation as a market-leading SaaS application: requiring no software download or installation, and minimal bandwidth for online collaboration and communication sessions. Moreover, HBR Labs patent-pending technology allows access through most firewalls, providing an uninterruptible and reliable workflow solution.
According to Yuval Moed, CEO of HBR Labs, "This exciting release of ShowDocument Now provides groundbreaking advances in usability and functionality. We've delivered the easiest way for users to communicate on the web: a single click is all that's required to join real-time one-on-one fully synchronized web meetings and document sharing sessions… with no software download or installation."
HBR Labs Inc.: http://www.hbrlabs.com
"If you're in need of a quick and simple way to share a document with a few other people at the same time, worth checking out is ShowDocument. It works with most major file types including PDFs, Word docs, PowerPoint presentations, and text files, and displays them in a simple Flash-based viewer and editor." CNET
ShowDocument Now is a powerful yet simple free-to-use Software as a Service (SaaS) application that provides web meetings and online document sharing for personal and business users; enabling them to enjoy the benefits of real-time online interaction, communication and collaboration, without any software downloads or installation. Users can simultaneously participate in meetings, presentations and training sessions; review and annotate documents, web pages, images and video clips; complete forms online; share local workstation desktops and settings; and provide web-based consultation, help and support.
Its sister product, ShowDocument InSite, is an advanced free-to-use Software as a Service (SaaS) plug-in that provides web meetings and online document sharing for websites; enabling site visitors to initiate direct communication sessions at the click of a button. In addition to the functionality of ShowDocument Now, it offers voice and video communication, as well as the ability to complete online forms and append electronic signatures.
# # #