Each auction winner will automatically receive at least four Holiday World tickets, $20 in Holibucks to spend in the park, plus two hours of that staff member’s time.
Santa Claus, Ind. (Vocus) May 10, 2010
Staff members at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are hoping to raise thousands of dollars for Nashville-area flood victims by auctioning themselves off to the highest bidders.
“We thought it would be fun to put ourselves on the auction block, offering all sorts of perks to the winners,” says Holiday World president Will Koch. “Each auction winner will automatically receive at least four Holiday World tickets, $20 in Holibucks to spend in the park, plus two hours of that staff member’s time.”
Fifteen members of top management have stepped up to the auction block, including Koch and his mom, Pat. Some of the extras offered by the individual staff members include:
- An additional four one-day park tickets, provided by the staff member;
- Behind-the-scenes tours of park facilities and photo walkbacks of the roller coasters;
- Parking for the day in the staff member’s personal parking space, by the front gate;
- Musical audition tips, with live feedback from New York and Nashville producers, via Skype;
- Lessons in how to make perfect cotton candy;
- Lunch for four, followed by Very Big Cupcakes with a member of the HoliDazzle staff;
- Pre-opening tour of roller coaster maintenance activities; and
- Front-of-the-line access to rides and the new Wildebeest water coaster for up to two hours.
“We think the front-of-the-line access will be very popular,” says Koch. “I’m also offering two hours to bend my ear about what you think our next big ride project should be—no guarantees, though!”
All proceeds from the 15 auctions, which will run through noon on Monday, May 17, will be donated to the American Red Cross for Nashville-area flood relief efforts.
To place a bid on one or more of the Holiday World Staff Auctions, go to Holiday World's HoliShop and click on the “Auctions” button. Each of the 15 participating staff members has his or her own auction.
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari will be open daily beginning Friday, May 14, with the premiere of the World’s Longest Water Coaster, Wildebeest. For more information, visit the park’s website at Holiday World or call 1-877-Go-Family.