It's more important than ever to recognize the achievements of women in our industry. For the past 15 years, the EWF has recognized influential women to raise not only awareness but also to inspire the next generation of women leaders in cybersecurity, IT risk management and privacy.
FLEMINGTON, N.J. (PRWEB) September 17, 2019
The Executive Women’s Forum on Information Security, Risk Management, and Privacy (EWF) is thrilled to announce the 2019 finalists for the Women of Influence Award and EWF Corporate Award. Co-presented by Accenture and Avanade, the annual Women of Influence Awards recognize four women for their accomplishments and leadership roles in the fields of Information Security, Risk Management, and Privacy. The EWF also recognizes one corporation for their efforts in advancing and promoting women in their organization. The EWF will honor the finalists at an awards ceremony held during the 2019 EWF National Conference in Scottsdale, AZ on October 15th.
Finalists were selected by a panel of judges from nominations submitted by the nominee's peers. Judges selected the recipients based upon a six-point set of criteria: A positive influence on the professional community, the application of creativity or innovation in solving problems or overcoming challenges, a demonstrated commitment to the highest ethical standards, a history of designing and implementing effective solutions, sustained record of accomplishments and contributions to the field, and service as mentor or trusted advisor to colleagues, students and others.
"It's more important than ever to recognize the achievements of women in our industry. For the past 15 years, the EWF has recognized influential women to raise not only awareness but also to inspire the next generation of women leaders in cybersecurity, IT risk management and privacy," said Joyce Brocaglia, EWF Founder, CEO of Alta Associates and CEO of BoardSuited.
Congratulations to the following Finalists:
Public Sector & Academic:
- Rear Admiral Danelle Barrett, Director Navy Cybersecurity and Deputy Chief Information Officer, United States Navy
- Bethany De Lude, Chief Information Security Officer, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
- Dr. Joanne Peca, Chief Information Officer, Penn State Altoona
Private Solutions Partner:
- Avani Desai, President, Schellman & Company
- Celeste Fralick, Senior Principal Engineer and Chief Data Scientist for McAfee
- Neha Joshi, Group Innovation Officer, Accenture Security
- Ann Johnson, Corporate Vice President, Cybersecurity Solutions Group, Microsoft
- Jennifer Steffens, CEO, IOActive
- Patricia Titus, Chief Privacy and Information Security Officer, Markel Corporation
- Stacey Champagne, Insider Threat Program Lead, Blackstone
- Annabel Jamieson Edwards, Manager, Accenture Security
- Karolyn Maloney, Senior Director IT Hygiene Program and Identity & Access Management, CVS Health
The EWF Corporate Award looks at corporate performance, sustainability, women in key positions, and corporate governance. The 2019 EWF Corporate Award Finalists are Fidelity Investments, McAfee, and Target.
To learn more about the Woman of Influence Awards, please visit https://ewf-usa.site-ym.com/page/WOIAwards. To learn more about the 2019 EWF National Conference, please visit http://conference.ewf-usa.com/.
About the Executive Women’s Forum on Information Security, Risk Management & Privacy:
Founded in 2002, the Executive Women’s Forum on Information Security, Risk Management & Privacy (EWF) is the largest member organization dedicated to engaging, advancing and developing women leaders in Cybersecurity, IT Risk Management, Governance Risk & Compliance and Privacy. The EWF serves emerging leaders as well as the most prominent and influential women in our field by facilitating programs and events throughout the year, including a National Conference, regional meetings, leadership development, and mentorship programs as well as interaction with global thought leaders through an online community. For more information, visit http://www.ewf-usa.com
Melissa Rojas, Digital Marketing Specialist, Executive Women’s Forum
Email address: melissa(at)ewf-usa.com