We love knowing that our retail business is part of the solution when it comes to answering the call to lessen the burden on our landfills and protect our environment. ~ Wendy Steinmetz-Vice President
Roseville, CA (PRWEB) April 16, 2012
Get your RE on next week during Thrift Town’s week long Earth Week Extravaganza sale. Earth Week comes only once a year, but at Thrift Town we encourage people to REcycle, REuse, REpurpose, REdecorate, REdiscover, and REstore everyday because it’s, well, REsponsible. Not to mention fun and easy on the pocketbook.
- Monday, April 16th 30% Off All Bin Items & Housewares + Free Reusable Tote Bag & $5 Gift Card for the first 100 customers, no purchase necessary.
- Tuesday, April 17th 50% Off All Women’s Clothing & 30% Off Jewlery & Cosmetics
- Wednesday, April 18th 50% Off All Men’s Clothing & 30% Off All Electrical & Hardware
- Thursday, April 19th 50% Off All Shoes
- Friday, April 20th 50% Off All Babies & Kid’s Clothing & 30% Off All Toys, Books, Music & Movies
Thrift Town, which has spent over four decades dedicated to socially responsible recycling is not only hosting the week long sale in honor of Earth Week, but here are a few stats that show how committed Thrift Town is to making a difference locally, in all of their store communities:
- Each of Thrift Town’s 15 store locations prevent 50,000 lbs. of product from being dumped into surrounding area landfills by purchasing product from local charity partner’s household recycling programs.
- 110,000 lbs. of product kept out of landfills collectively each day!
- 750,000 lbs. of product kept out of landfills collectively each week!
- 39,000,000 lbs. of product kept out of landfills collectively each year!
- Over the course of 40 years Thrift Town has kept over 1.6 billion pounds of product out of landfills!
- Thrift Town uses reusable carts to collect, sort, and distribute product.
- Thrift Town has helped raise over $250,000,000 in net revenue for their charity partners over the past four decades.
“All of us at Thrift Town take great pride in knowing that our commitment to socially responsible recycling absolutely makes a difference every day! Recycling usable household items and clothing has been a big part of our family business model for over forty years. We love knowing that our retail business is part of the solution when it comes to answering the call to lessen the burden on our landfills and protect our environment.” ~ Wendy Steinmetz, Vice President Thrift Town Stores
Thrift Town is owned and operated by Norquist Salvage Corporation, and has 15 store locations in four western states which are open seven days a week from 9am to 8pm. Their award winning clean, bright, and organized stores set them apart in the thrift world as the premier thrift destination.