TechnoCom's LocationAssurance Manager Enables Bell Mobility to Ensure Wireless Location Accuracy

Share Article

TechnoCom Contributes to Bell's Success in deploying Enhanced 911 (E911) Location Accuracy Quickly and Efficiently throughout Canada.

News Image
“TechnoCom has helped us achieve our public safety goals throughout Canada due to their knowledge and experience working with wireless carriers in the United States and in the wireless location industry."

TechnoCom Corporation™, a leading provider of solutions to enable wireless location solutions and services today announced their partnership with Bell Mobility in aiding in the public safety initiative in Canada facilitating wireless location accuracy for enhanced 911 (E911). TechnoCom is a proven leader in wireless location establishing a proven record in the United States working with wireless carriers optimizing their wireless networks.

TechnoCom's hosted LocationAssurance Manager® (LAM) service coupled with automated field testing services was a perfect choice for Bell Mobility in assuring their network for location accuracy. LAM's rich feature set automates the placement and results capture of end-to-end test calls and automates analysis and reporting the location accuracy on wireless networks. LocationAssurance Manager has the ability to test the wireless location accuracy from the user's perspective, allowing carriers to optimize their network efficiently and expeditiously. "TechnoCom has helped us achieve our public safety goals throughout Canada due to their knowledge and experience working with wireless carriers in the United States and in the wireless location industry. Their automated test and analysis tools provided Bell an effective solution to our critical need to ensure accurate e911 location performance," commented Bell Mobility's Vice President of Wireless Technology, Bruce Rodin.

TechnoCom also has a proven track record of enabling wireless carriers in the United States to optimize their networks, meeting the standards set by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Under the direction of Canada's equivalent of the FCC, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC), the Canadian wireless industry has been successful in their efforts to improve their networks ensuring location accuracy for enhanced 911 (E911). "Bell was a market innovator in Canada for location based services and has demonstrated its commitment to public safety as a market leader in improving their wireless location tracking system of their network," said President of TechnoCom, Masoud Motamedi. "TechnoCom is proud to have been a part in empowering Bell to optimize their network and contribute to improved public safety throughout Canada."

With enhanced 911 Canadian 911 call centers now have the ability to automatically receive the caller's location information more accurately. Currently there are 130 call centers across Canada, 93% of which have already tested and rolled-out the wireless location technology, and the remaining 7% are working to complete their implementations.

About TechnoCom
TechnoCom Corporation is a leading provider of products and services that enable companies to efficiently utilize optimize and manage location solutions. TechnoCom helps implement wireless location networks and location-based services, reduce operating and capital costs, deliver superior levels of service, increase productivity and rapidly deploy new revenue generating services. The company's location infrastructure products, LX Server® and LocationAssurance Manager® platforms allow efficient implementation of wireless location solutions and empower customers with continuous, automated oversight into location system performance.

Founded in 1995 and privately held, TechnoCom has been selected by Deloitte as one of the 50 fastest-growing technology companies in Los Angeles for four consecutive years. TechnoCom's customers include AT&T, Cricket, Openwave, Sprint Nextel, TELUS, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Bell and Telus. For more information about TechnoCom, please visit

About Bell
Bell is Canada's largest communications company, providing consumers and business with solutions to all their communications needs, including Bell Mobility wireless, high-speed Bell Internet, Bell TV direct-to-home satellite television, Bell Home Phone local and long distance phone services, and IP-broadband and information and communications technology (ICT) services. Bell is proud to be a Premier National Partner and the Exclusive Telecommunications Partner to the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.

Bell is wholly owned by BCE Inc. For information on Bell's products and services, please visit For corporate information on BCE, please visit


Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Amy Hawkins
TechnoCom Corporation
(760) 438-5115 ext. 176
Email >

Julie Smithers
Visit website