...to make the capture and review process as simple as possible, 17a-4 has developed its FINRA 3220 module of the SEC DeskTop.
Millbrook, NY (PRWEB) October 26, 2016
FINRA Regulatory Notice 16-29 requested comment on proposed amendments to Gifts, Gratuities and Non-Cash Compensation including Rules 3220 (Gifts), 3221(Non-cash compensation) and 3222 (Business Entertainment). 17a-4, llc supports the proposed changes but recognizes that collecting, retaining and reviewing the information may become an administrative burden for many firms. In order to make the capture and review process as simple as possible, 17a-4 has developed its FINRA 3220 module of the SEC DeskTop.
SEC DeskTop for FINRA 3220:
- Allows employees to use a templated email to send in information on meals, gifts and seminars;
- Attaches documentation and receipts to the email;
- All information will be captured in a Microsoft SharePoint system that will alert compliance of a new expense;
- Upon receipt of email expense item, a workflow is started tracking the review and categorization of the expense through to approval;
- Information may be exported to Microsoft’s Excel to analyze and incorporate into compliance review reports.
The SEC DeskTop is a SharePoint platform which is fully SEC Rule 17a-4 compliant. All review comments and escalation information is captured as part of every expense item.
For more information, visit 17a-4.com or call (212)-949-1724.
About 17a-4 llc:
17a-4 is a compliance services and software company with a focus on e-messaging and software solutions to meet regulatory and e-Discovery needs of institutional clients. Clients that are required to adhere to SEC (Rule 17a-4), FINRA and CFTC (Rule 1.31) regulations leverage 17a-4’s expertise to ensure their information infrastructure is in compliance. 17a-4’s architecture provides for a single-point in which all e-messaging content may be managed for retention, legal and regulatory holds and e-Discovery productions. 17a-4 has developed the DataParser for messaging compliance and the SEC-FINRA DeskTop which is a hosted, SEC-compliant SharePoint platform for many types of SEC and FINRA documents and regulatory workflows. 17a-4 is based in New York City but operates remote offices nationwide.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.