We knew that COMBIMET was going to be a winner but it has been even more popular than we expected.
Bridgeville, PA (PRWEB) January 29, 2014
Aluminum enclosures manufacturer METCASE has extended its COMBIMET 19” rack case range with new 4U and 6U standard sizes.
METCASE launched the new COMBIMET range last year in 1U, 2U and 3U as standard – 4U, 5U and 6U were available as custom orders.
But the 4U and 6U sizes proved to be so popular that METCASE has now added them to the standard range.
COMBIMET is now available in standard sizes from 1U x 19.00" x 10.43" to 6U x 19.00" x 14.37".
The COMBIMET design features two distinctive and ergonomic front panel handles – which make the units easy to install and remove from racks.
The handles are also available as accessory kits which include two handle extrusions with M4 fixings. These can be fitted to any compatible 19” rack case, front panel or chassis, whether manufactured by METCASE or not.
COMBIMET has quickly become METCASE’s most popular range of rack cases, thanks to a combination of quality, features and value.
Applications include networking, communications and test and measurement equipment.
Customers can specify COMBIMET with either vented or unvented top and base sections, enabling them to control the amount of airflow cooling in the units.
Removable top, base and rear panels allow full access to the electronic components – but the fixed front panel enables METCASE to bring down the manufacturing cost and pass the savings on to the customers.
METCASE Vice President, Sales, Sean Bailey said: “We knew that COMBIMET was going to be a winner but it has been even more popular than we expected.
“There has been a lot of demand for the larger cases – particularly 4U – so we have extended the standard range,” he added.
COMBIMET conforms to the DIN 41494 and IEC 297-1 standards for 19” equipment. Two depths are available: 10.43" and 14.37". METCASE can also manufacture special sizes on demand.
The front panel is clear anodized. Standard colors for the case and handles are Light Gray (RAL 7035) or Black (RAL 9005) but a large range of custom colors is also available.
Each unit comprises a 19” front panel with two handles, two side panels and removable top and base and rear panels.
Top and base panels include a series of holes for PCB mounting pillars or the internal mounting plate kit (accessory). The rear panel is recessed.
All the fabricated parts are fitted with M4 earth studs for electrical continuity. Every model is shipped fully assembled to reduce installation times. Prices for the new COMBIMET models start at $177.
METCASE’S customizing service includes made-to-measure sizes; internal mounting plates and brackets; CNC milling, drilling and punching; painting and anodizing; silk-screen or tampo printing of legends and logos.
Features of METCASE COMBIMET vented and unvented rack mount cases:
- Modern design available in 1U, 2U, 3U, 4U and 6U sizes as standard
- Conform to DIN 41494 and IEC 297-1 standards
- Robust aluminum cases with removable top, base and rear panels
- Vented or unvented top and base panels
- Anodized aluminum 19" front panel
- Ergonomic front panel handles (also available as accessories)
- Mounting holes in base for PCBs and chassis
- M4 earth studs on all components for electrical continuity
- Cases supplied fully assembled
- Protection Class – < IP 40 (Not rated)
- Standard Colors – front panel, clear anodized; case body and handles, Light Gray RAL 7035 or Black RAL 9005 (powder epoxy polyester paint)
- Contents – top panel (vented or unvented), base panel (vented or unvented), side panel (x2), rear panel, 19" front panel, handle (x2), M4 x 16 mm (x4), M3 x 8 mm (x12), M3 x 8 mm (x6)
- Accessories – chassis plate, PCB mounting pillars, rack mounting kit.
METCASE – the metal enclosures division of OKW Enclosures, Inc – designs and manufactures various ranges of rack mounted cases:
- 1U – COMBIMET (fixed front panel, removable top, base and rear), VERSAMET (fixed front panel, removable rear panel) and METTEC (removable front panel)
- 2U – COMBIMET (fixed front panel, removable top, base and rear), METTEC (removable front panel) and UNIMET (removable front and rear panels)
- 3U – COMBIMET (fixed front panel, removable top, base and rear), METTEC (removable front panel) and UNIMET (removable front and rear panels).
METCASE also produces ranges of desktop, portable and wall mounted enclosures.
For more information, please view the METCASE website or contact Sean Bailey, Tel: 800-965-9872.