With Serena Release Automation, Allianz eliminated inefficiencies from manual software application deployments, increased the frequency of releases, and completed releases in a smaller release window.
Miami Beach, FL (PRWEB) September 17, 2013
At the xChange13 conference today, Serena Software, the leader in Orchestrated Application Development and Release Management, announced new release automation capabilities for its award-winning Orchestrated Release Management solution set. Serena’s newly enhanced application release automation solution provides essential tooling for IT shops that are embracing the DevOps movement, as well as those that are looking to increase their software application release quality and cadence.
With these new innovations, Serena Release Automation extends unique enterprise-class capabilities in areas such as ease of use, high availability, scalability, and security. This latest release solidifies Serena’s position as the leading provider of enterprise-class application release automation. The new capabilities available in Serena Release Automation include:
Intuitive User Interface
- Simplified, intuitive navigation enabling novice users to become immediately productive
- Rapid enterprise-wide adoption among release teams with minimal training, reducing the time to automate application releases
High Availability Support
- Clustering for always-on redundancy
- Hot-swappable application server architecture
Enterprise Scalability and Security
- User-defined parameters for reduced synchronization traffic
- Improved performance and accessibility to source code repositories including Serena PVCS, Dimensions CM and third party repositories
- Alignment with corporate security policies by eliminating need for high privileged access
Extended Cloud and Infrastructure Provisioning Capabilities
- Updated Microsoft Azure and VMware plug-ins that support the DevOps notion of continuous deployment to broader environments
- Expanded knowledge base through an extensive Plug-in Guide
Enhanced Integration with Serena Business Manager (SBM)
- Leverages the power and ease of use of SBM workflow definition within Serena Release Automation
- Extends integration of Release Automation capabilities into the SBM platform
Serena’s solution leadership in application release automation has been validated by ongoing customer momentum. "With Serena Release Automation, Allianz eliminated inefficiencies from manual software application deployments, increased the frequency of releases, and completed releases in a smaller release window," said Chris Risebrow, Project Delivery Manager, Allianz UK.
Serena’s latest version of its Release Automation technology enables companies to easily and quickly automate the deployments of application releases across physical, virtualized, and cloud environments. “This new version of Serena Release Automation enables release teams to easily and intuitively deploy application releases from development along the path to and into production,” said Greg Sikes, VP & Product Officer, Release Management, Serena Software. “We are extremely excited about our product roadmap deliverables the rest of the year as we look to deliver substantial, market leading innovation for release management.”
Serena Release Automation will be demonstrated at Serena’s xChange13 user conference and has been generally available since August 15, 2013.
- Visit Serena’s Press Center: http://www.serena.com/index.php/en/news-events/press-room/?kf
- Read more about Serena Release Automation: http://www.serena.com/sra/?kf
- Watch demos and videos: http://www.youtube.com/serenasoftware
- Follow Serena on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/serenasoftware
- Get Serena’s monthly newsletter: http://info.serena.com/UNKN_Serena.com_serena-xpress-community-newsletter_LP.html?kf
About Serena Software
Serena Software provides orchestrated application development and release management solutions to the Global 2000. Our 2,500 active enterprise customers, including a majority of the Fortune 100, have made Serena the largest independent ALM vendor and the only one that orchestrates DevOps, the processes that bring together application development and operations.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Serena serves enterprise customers across the globe. Serena is a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners, the leader in private investments in technology-enabled industries.