...the industry is out of control and, characteristically of the medical system, the only qualified overseers are other doctors who are notoriously reluctant to hold each other accountable.
Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) October 17, 2013
Christine Kent, RN, has just published her new book/DVD combination entitled Save Your Hips - Heal Hip Pain Naturally and Avoid Dangerous Orthopedic Surgery. After an exhaustive study of the current research on orthopedic surgery, Kent reports from data in the industry’s own research, orthopedics is an industry run amok.
The use of surgery as a treatment for chronic hip pain is exploding as baby boomers enter their sixties. Hundreds of thousands of hip surgeries are being done every year in the US alone.
- Measurements taken from X-ray and CT imaging used to justify surgery is arbitrary and inaccurate
- The alignment of prosthetic hips is based on a set of assumptions which have never been validated and, which are in fact inaccurate
- The aftereffects of surgery often are as bad or worse than the presenting complaints
- Surgeons have identified hip joint problems for which they have developed complex surgeries. These procedures often result in total hip replacement due to the wide variety of complications that can arise
- These new conditions and their surgical fixes have, for the most part, never been scientifically validated as being legitimate conditions or the surgical “fixes” consistently effective.
- Preventative surgeries are being done on teenagers who show “congenital deformities” that are claimed to negatively impact the effective longevity of the healthy joint and therefore should be preemptively surgically corrected. These so-called congenital deformities have been defined by orthopedic surgeons with no validation that they are either deformities or congenital, or that the “corrective” surgeries actually provide correction.
Young athletes who experience hip pain through overuse or unbalanced muscular development are being subjected to highly invasive surgeries, which according to some studies, result in total hip replacement more than 25% of the time. These young athletes typically suffer diminished performance and can look forward to being confined to wheelchairs in their forties and fifties as their artificial joints fail and replacements are no longer possible.
In short, the industry is out of control and, characteristically of the medical system, the only qualified overseers are other doctors who are notoriously reluctant to hold each other accountable.
And, the vast majority of hip surgery patients are women.
Christine Kent’s exposé of the orthopedics industry paints a shocking picture of a multi-billion dollar industry. Fed by medical device manufacturers, big pharma, major medical centers and aggressive surgeons, the industry is working the surgical gravy train, providing short-term pain relief to patients in exchange for long-term debilitating deterioration of their mobility.
In the orthopedic literature, there are large bodies of research on both the spine and the hip. But there is virtually zero research on the relationship between the spine and the hip.
In Ms. Kent’s first book, Saving the Whole Woman - Natural Alternatives to Surgery for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Urinary Incontinence (2nd ed. Bridgeworks, 2007), she for the first time, identified the critical relationship between natural curvature of the lumbar spine, pelvic orientation, and the loss of lumbar curvature as being the root cause of pelvic organ prolapse. Her methods of restoring natural spinal shape have stabilized and reversed prolapse symptoms for tens of thousands of women in over forty countries.
Her interest in hip problems came from feedback from her customers who began reporting that along with the improvement in their prolapse symptoms, their hip pain was gone as well. Ms. Kent’s breakthrough study of the hip shows that the same loss of lumbar curvature, and resultant malalignment of the hip joints, is the root cause of the majority of so-called osteoarthritis of the hip conditions.
Save Your Hips - Heal Hip Pain Naturally and Avoid Dangerous Orthopedic Surgery book is printed in full color, with 95 illustrations. The hour-long companion DVD provides a comprehensive exercise program for restoring natural lumbar curvature, and stabilizing and reversing hip inflammation without drugs or surgery. The Save Your Hips book/DVD are available exclusively from Whole Woman Inc.
About Whole Woman Inc.
Christine Kent is CEO of Whole Woman Inc. an organization dedicated to researching, developing and distributing video, physical and electronic books, information, consultations and training non-surgical approaches to common physical conditions. The Whole Woman center is a training facility for women who come from around the world. Whole Woman also has trained and certified Whole Woman Practitioners in the US, UK, Canada and Australia.