Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) October 01, 2013
Care Logistics announced the launch and availability of Intake Logistics, software that powers efficient, consistent central admissions for hospitals, ensuring proper clinical evaluation of all patients and strengthening relationships between doctors and hospitals.
“We developed Intake Logistics so our hospital partners could provide a single entry point and consistent way to process all admissions requests, helping them appropriately assess patient clinical needs before admission,” said Jim Rosenblum, executive vice president and CTO of Care Logistics. “This also facilitates prompt communication with admitting physicians, keeping doctors and their patients informed and happy.”
Several features of Intake Logistics streamline admissions and ensure the prompt, appropriate assessment of all admission requests:
- A summary screen shows hub coordinators a view of all active transfer requests and their progression status
- Customized checklists walk admissions staff through each required step to thoroughly assess and document each patient request and admission
- The software records all events related to processing intake requests, including all physician communication and disposition decisions
Rosenblum noted several benefits for hospitals using Intake Logistics software to power a central intake hub, including efficiency, patient care and satisfaction, proper assessment of care requirements, and physician affinity:
- Admit appropriate patients at the right level of care
- Improve the experience for doctors and patients with faster admissions processes, a single point of contact, and easy admissions status updates
- Increase overall patient admissions by improving patient and physician satisfaction
- Secure all required resources before patient arrival to ensure appropriate, timely care
- Prevent other facilities from transferring patients that require levels of care the hospital is unable to effectively provide
- Flag likely or actual readmissions early so staff can plan for patient care accordingly
- Document regulatory, legal, medical and financial compliance, including appropriate decisions for patients not admitted—significantly reducing litigation and financial risk
Intake Logistics also integrates admissions with the patient placement and clinical demand management components of the Care Logistics Hospital Operating System™, with tremendous benefits to hospitals:
- Manage optimum patient flow from admission to discharge
- Have the same staff manage external admission and internal bed placement decisions
- Align admissions and placement decisions with unit clinical capacity
About Care Logistics: Care Logistics partners with hospitals to provide the only logistical control system for patient throughput. It combines breakthrough approaches to care coordination and throughput efficiency with innovative hospital logistics software. The result: Reliable and predictable operations that dramatically improve patient throughput, care quality and experience.
Care Logistics operates with a single, purposeful goal: Customer First, Dramatic Results.
For more information, contact Care Logistics at (800) 930-0870, or learn more about the dramatic results Care Logistics customers are achieving at carelogistics.com.