The white paper explores problems, solutions and supporting research with the goal of achieving greener, more effective healthcare cleaning and disinfection.
Everett, WA (PRWEB) October 03, 2013
The Sustainable Healthcare Cleaning and Disinfection White Paper - sponsored by Advanced Vapor Technologies (AVT) http://www.advap.com - explores problems, solutions and supporting research with the goal of achieving greener, effective healthcare cleaning and disinfection to prevent infectious illness.
The Sustainable Healthcare Cleaning and Disinfection White Paper is available for download at:
In a time of rising contagious illness coupled with a need for sustainable healthcare operations and less reliance on user-variable, inconsistent and toxic methods, the Sustainable Healthcare Cleaning and Disinfection White Paper, details the problems and provides answers by quoting credible, expert sources. It explores:
- Trends in contagious illness: including healthcare system deficiencies, hospital-acquired infections, drug-resistant microbes, lack of new antibiotics, mobile society spreading illness, and the high cost of national health bills consuming 7 to 14 percent of GDP in developed countries;
- Why the problem has become acute in health care;
- How environmental surfaces play a key role in health care - and what to do about it.
The Sustainable Healthcare Cleaning and Disinfection White Paper provides solutions by addressing:
- Challenges of high-touch object (HTO) disinfection;
- Options for high-touch object (HTO) disinfection;
- Characteristics of ideal room disinfection systems;
- Approaches to disinfecting - advantages and disadvantages;
- Optimum qualities of surface disinfecting systems;
- A hospital case study;
- Scientific proof via downloadable study reports.
About Advanced Vapor Technologies
Advanced Vapor Technologies (AVT) is the maker of proprietary, water-only steam vapor cleaning and disinfection systems. AVT systems reduce health risks associated with typical chemical cleaners, eradicate a wide range of bacteria and pathogens, improve indoor environmental quality and help prevent indoor hazards and surface degradation associated with chemical use. TANCS® disinfection - http://www.advap.com/tancs a registered trademark of Advanced Vapor Technologies (AVT) - is many times more effective than standard chemical disinfectants, without the associated risks to people, the environment, and surfaces.