For the first time in decades here is something that the unions and employers can agree on - a solution for healthcare which profits both groups, says Trobiani."
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) October 08, 2013
The AFL-CIO joined major union leaders earlier this month in demanding a fix to the Affordable Care Act (1). Union concerns with the ACA are directly aligned with Steven Trobiani’s healthcare reform solution, published last June in his book, Sustainable Healthcare Reform: Harnessing the Power of Capitalism to Fund our Social Needs. Top leaders of three of the nation’s largest unions, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, United Food and Commercial Workers Union and UNITE-HERE, issued congruent statements in letters to legislators last July (2). Around the same time, IBM and Time Warner cited data that reinforces Dr. Trobiani’s claims when terminating healthcare benefits for their retirees due to rapidly increasing costs.(3)
Steven Trobiani, M.D. is the founder of Politics and Healthcare Forum, an educational non-profit that spreads awareness and cultivates support for an innovative approach to healthcare reform. Dr. Trobiani’s patented approach to healthcare discontinues efforts to reform healthcare delivery and adopts a program to reform healthcare finance. Dr. Trobiani’s research conclusively demonstrates that insurance premiums will at least triple over the next decade as access to quality healthcare is constrained. Administrative costs are now the primary driver of healthcare inflation, and efforts at managing healthcare delivery already require 30 administrators for every doctor. The complexity of Obamacare will vastly increase the number of administrators needed to oversee and enforce compliance. Dr. Trobiani’s solution alleviates immense price hikes in healthcare for both employers and unions alike. Dr. Trobiani’s system will:
- Stabilize healthcare costs.
- Preserve and strengthen union-sponsored health plans.
- Limit employee healthcare expenses to the annual HSA contribution.
- Eliminate employer healthcare costs after an initial vesting period.
- Increase the net worth of companies using this plan.
- Improve the quality and affordability of healthcare.
(1) "AFL-CIO cals ObamaCare 'highly disruptive' to union health plans" Fox News 09/12/2013
(2) Pianin, Eric "Why Organized Labor Is Organizing Against Obamacare" The Fiscal Times, 08/30/2013.
(3) Nussbaum, Alex "GE, IBM Ending Retiree Health Plans in Historic Shift" Bloomberg.com 09/09.2013
To learn more about Steven Trobiani’s approach, go to the politics and healthcare website or obtain a copy of his e-book, Sustainable Healthcare Reform: Harnessing the Power of Capitalism to Fund our Social Needs, available through Amazon.com.