Park City, Utah (PRWEB) October 06, 2013
Today, Zane Benefits, the number one online small business health benefits solution, published new information on HR small business communication.
According to Zane Benefits’ website, communication is key in nearly every aspect of small business, and this includes Human Resources. Sometimes, HR’s ability to supply effective employee communication can make or break the productivity of a company, and this is especially true with small to medium sized companies. Communication is a two-way street, and this can easily be overlooked.
Here are 6 tips for small businesses and HR on ensuring that a company communicates effectively:
1. Know the objective: Why is good communication necessary in the first place? What is trying to be changed or accomplished?
2. What works best for employees? Sit down one-on-one with employees, or send out a survey to the company asking what kinds of communication methods are preferred.
3. Customize the message: Make sure that the information being sent to each department is fully relevant to that department.
4. Think about the medium being used: Think about the best way to communicate to employees, and remember that the best method will depend on the information attempting to be convey.
5. Keep communications routine and timely: Schedule regular meetings and times to communicate routine messages, and address unscheduled issues immediately.
6. Encourage feedback: Ask for feedback on all communications, especially at the beginning of implementing a new communication strategy. Use this feedback to re-think, re-vamp, and re-implement the strategy.
Click here to read the full article.
About Zane Benefits
Zane Benefits was founded in 2006 to provide a revolutionized SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) administration platform ("ZaneHealth") for defined contribution health care. The flagship software provides a 100% paperless administration experience to small businesses and insurance professionals that want to offer better health benefits without a traditional group health insurance plan at lower costs. For more information about Zane Benefits, visit http://www.zanebenefits.com.