London, UK (PRWEB) October 02, 2013
Although the UK cider market is expected to keep on seeing a downward trend in sales, the general outlook for the industry is quite optimistic. The key factor that is set to prompt growth in the market is a better summer. The arrival of Carling and Somersby is another factor that is set to boost the market, with their marketing investment set to increase the noise level of the category and enhance its profile. The involvement of Molson Coors, Carlsberg and recently Fullers is an endorsement of the future prospects of the category. The outlook for ciders has also been dramatically improved due to reduction of the threat from minimum pricing.
The rise of flavoured cider in 2012 overtook the pear segment to make up around a tenth of the market. The launch of Stella Cidre pear and Strongbow Pear more than compensated for the fall in other branded pear offerings and pear share did increase last year, standing at almost 9% of the market. Apple continues to dominate but has dropped to little more than 80%. Until recently the market was split between the dry apple ciders popular in the West Country and the sweet apple ciders enjoyed in the North East. The dry ciders make up the bulk of sales. The arrival of Kopparberg reignited the pear segment and its success prompted Magners, Bulmers, Stella Cidre and Strongbow among others to introduce pear variants. When Kopparberg began to enjoy phenomenal success with other flavours, the big players followed suit culminating in the jump in flavored ciders in 2012.
In-demand research report “United Kingdom Cider Market Insights 2013” drawn up by Canadean has been recently published by Market Publishers Ltd.
Title: United Kingdom Cider Market Insights 2013
Published: August, 2013
Price: US$ 4,250.00
The report offers an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the cider market in the United Kingdom. The study presents an analysis of historical (2008-2012) and current market trends; offers in-depth market segmentation – mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; and type; provides data and analysis of the performance of both local and imported brands, besides reporting on new product activity in 2012. The research examines the industry structure, covers company volumes and profiles the leading brewers. Issues such as packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing are thoroughly discussed in the study as well.
- Analysis of the market context, covering the specific social, cultural and economic state of the nation, and the impact this has on the cider sector.
- Comprehensive analysis of the market size and growth drivers.
- Industry performance data from 2008 to 2012 plus forecasts for 2013.
- In-depth market segmentation: mainstream, premium, super premium, discount; alcoholic strength; type.
- Data and analysis of the performance of both domestic and imported brands with coverage of new product activity in 2012.
- Distribution channel data (on- vs off-premise) alongside the latest trends in the main sub-channels.
- Packaging data including consumption volumes by pack material, type, size, refillable vs non-refillable, multi-serve vs single serve.
- Market valuation data and selected pricing data.
- Valuable insights into legislation and taxation issues.
- Cider imports and exports dynamics.
- Examination of the competitive landscape with in-depth profiles of major brewers and their position in the market.
More insightful research reports by the publisher can be found at Canadean page.