San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 02, 2013
Data meets design at GigaOM RoadMap 2013, being held November 5-6 in San Francisco. Now in its third year, RoadMap is a two-day experience design conference featuring innovative designers and entrepreneurs who are building the next generation of user experience and data-driven connected products.
Designers are increasingly looking to data and analytics to inform their decisions. This is a major change from top-down design to a method that considers what users want from the beginning. In the data-rich environment of daily life, understanding how people use technology and integrating user experience is becoming a fundamental part of the product design process.
Sessions addressing the role of data in design include:
- Reinventing Maps for a Data-Rich Web - Eight years after Google launched Maps as a beta product, the search giant is reinventing the map for a new data rich web that lives on fast broadband, and runs on computers with oomph to spare. Google’s Jonah Jones and Bernhard Seefeld will explain how they’re using data to create a more immersive Google Maps experience.
- The Little Details and the Big Data - Instagram CEO and co-founder Kevin Systrom helped build the photo sharing app Instagram into a billion dollar Facebook acquisition. He will explain why leveraging the inner capabilities of mobile phone sensors is a better way to build a simple, yet data-rich, experience.
- Using Data to Program Creative Spaces - The built environment is undergoing a transformation, using data to create new spaces that unleash creativity and are more efficient. Jennifer Magnolfi will discuss her work designing theses creative spaces with Herman Miller and the Downtown Project in Las Vegas.
Other speakers include:
- Erik Spiekermann, Edenspiekermann
- Tony Fadell, Nest
- Bret Taylor, Quip
- Jack Dorsey, Square
- Beth Comstock, GE
- Mark Rolston, frog
- Robert Brunner, Ammunition
- Michelle Lam, True&Co.
- Anthony Uttley, Honeywell
- Joe Gebbia, Airbnb
- Sonny Vu, Misfit Wearables
- John Maeda, Rhode Island School of Design
- Sean Rad, Tinder
See the evolving speaker and session lineup here. Follow @GigaOM on Twitter (#RM2013) to stay up to date as new speakers and sessions are announced. Tickets are still available, but are expected to sell out for the third year in a row.
Some of the most exciting companies at the intersection of design and technology have already signed on as sponsors of GigaOM RoadMap, including EffectiveUI, GE, Honeywell and Samsung. To learn more about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, contact Mike Sly at eventsales(at)gigaom(dot)com or +1 415 235 0358.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM is the leading global source of analysis on emerging technologies. Our news, research and events provide deep insight on the companies, people and trends disrupting technology and media.
About GigaOM Events
GigaOM events bring the people and companies driving disruptive technologies to the stage. Through a combination of strong editorial content and face time with technology innovators, GigaOM events give attendees the tools they need to capitalize on emerging trends.