White River Junction, VT, USA (PRWEB) October 05, 2013
Concepts NREC (CN), the world’s leading full service, independent turbomachinery design and development organization, announces it will be presenting at the ASME ORC 2013 Conference October 7-8, 2013 at the De Doelen Congress Center in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
Keith D. Patch, the Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) Product Manager for CN, will be presenting his paper "Development of a 300 KW Integrated, Axial Turbine and Generator for ORC Applications" at 2:40 PM on Tuesday, October 8, 2013 during the Turbo Expanders II Session. This paper will provide information on CN’s new product offering in their Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) turbine-generator system product line, the CN300. “I’m excited to be presenting at this conference, created by the Committee on ORC Power Systems of the ASME International Gas Turbine Institute. This is the perfect venue for unveiling our new, patent-pending CN300 integral turbine-generator unit,” says Patch.
The CN300 represents a breakthrough in ORC technology and combines many important features that the waste heat-to-power industry has been asking for. It is a customizable system that offers a significantly lower investment cost along with greatly reduced operating and maintenance costs. CN’s 50+ years of experience creating specialty turbo-machines culminates in this exciting new product. Features include:
- Power recovery from 150 kW to 2.5 MW
- Recovery temperatures from 80° ÷ 240° C
- Pressure ratios from 2:1 to 25:1
- Operable with a wide range of organic fluids
- Up to 4 stages in an axial rotor-nozzle subassembly cartridge design
- Hermetically sealed to eliminate shaft seal and any potential oil or refrigerant leakage
- Integral turbine / generator unit eliminates the interconnecting gearbox
- Magnetic bearings eliminate the cost, complexity, and maintenance of a separate lube oil system
About Concepts NREC
Concepts NREC (CN) provides engineering design, software, manufacturing, and educational services for the world’s leading turbomachinery organizations. For over half a century CN has provided manufacturers, users, government agencies, educators, and the engineering community at large with the technology, tools, services, and products to meet their needs, helped them achieve their goals, and aided in the development and production of the world’s most advanced turbomachinery products.