“Being a part of the Momtastic Guest Editor program is a great avenue for me to share not only my journey as a mother but also my work as a humanitarian,” stated Davis.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 08, 2013
TotallyHer Media’s Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com), a leading destination offering inspiration and solutions for family and life, announced today October’s Guest Editor: Kristin Davis, mother of one, actress from the beloved series Sex and the City, and patron to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. During the month of October, Kristin will be talking about two of her passions: her daughter and the Elephant Orphanage. Kristin gives Momtastic an exclusive look into her participation at the International March for Elephants in NYC. She also offers up some of her favorite children’s books, the best lesson from her parents, her nickname for her daughter, and what surprised her most about being a mom.
“Being a part of the Momtastic Guest Editor program is a great avenue for me to share not only my journey as a mother but also my work as a humanitarian,” stated Davis. “Becoming a mom has made it even more clear to me that protecting wildlife and our planet is crucial to keep our children healthy, safe, and happy. I’m thrilled to get a chance to spread the word.”
Noteworthy quotes from Kristin’s Momtastic blogs:
From ‘Kristin Fills Us In’
- “Most people would be surprised to know that… I’m kind of a hippy.”
- “My can't-live-without beauty product is… Epicuren Hydro Plus moisturizer.”
- “The thing that surprised me the most about becoming a mom was… the ache that I feel when I am away from her.”
- “The best part of my day is… when my daughter wakes up.”
- “My advice to working mothers is… give yourself a break sometimes.”
From ‘Fun Ways to Get Your Kids Involved in Humanitarian Causes’
- “I think the best way to educate your children about philanthropy is by example.”
- “Children are naturally generous, and "adopting" an elephant gives them an education in so many things like science and our environment, through the updates that come every month focusing on the growth and development of that ele.” (in regards to her work with The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust)
- “The children and the elephants seem to relate to each other with a special language. Each child knows the story of how their elephant was orphaned and each child wants to be a part of taking care if that little ele.” (in regards to her work with The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust)
“We are thrilled to have Kristin as the October Guest Editor,” said Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “Our community is always looking for ways to connect better with their families and the charitable work Kristin is doing is an inspiration to all women.”
To read all the exclusive articles from Guest Editor Kristin Davis please visit http://www.momtastic.com/author/kristin-davis.
Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com) is an all-inclusive web destination combining premium content and community for mothers. The site helps over 7 million moms (August 2013, comScore) each month by answering real questions, providing support and delivering inspiration for everyday life.
Momtastic was created to address a void in the market by combining the best of mom communities, blogs, and premium content publishing and now brings in 40 million page views per month (August 2013, comScore). Momtastic covers all the subjects that interest moms, with sections dedicated to Pregnancy, Parenting, Food, Health, Style, Shopping, Life, and Entertainment. Momtastic speaks with moms, offering a supportive, honest, entertaining and real voice across all the topics they care about.
Momtastic is a part of TotallyHer Media, an Evolve Media publishing vertical dedicated to women and their families.
For More Information:
Director of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8250
Manager of Marketing Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8263