London (PRWEB UK) 6 October 2013
Britain’s leading LIVE TV and online auction channels is gearing up for a double celebration this weekend, as it reaches over 90 million customer orders on its 13th birthday.
Bid Shopping, which runs TV auction channels Bid and Price Drop, began broadcasting on 5th October 2000 and today is home to 260 employees and beamed into over 11 million homes.
Since starting out, Bid Shopping has auctioned hundreds of some of the UK’s biggest brands including Apple, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Chanel and Gucci and has cemented its place as one of the leading multi-channel retailers nationwide.
Over the years, famous faces including Alan Carr, Paul Ross, Claire Sweeney and Linda Barker have graced its shows – presenting everything from fashion and accessories through to gardening and gifting.
With its many retail sectors, Bid Shopping continues to expand into new ground. Launching earlier this year, ‘Crafti Creations’ was established to offer the new generation of ‘savvy crafters’ who feed the £10 billion UK craft industry with exclusive products and deals hosted by expert guests and on-hand demonstrations.
Pamela Aujla, COO at Bid Shopping, comments: “We’re thrilled to be celebrating 13 successful years in business. We’ve come so far since starting out in 2000, continually evolving and growing our product ranges to ensure we’re constantly meeting the needs of our customers.
“We’re really proud to have reached the 90 million milestone and look forward to it continuing – we’ve got some really exciting developments coming up for 2014 and we’d like to say a huge thank you to all our shoppers for their support.”
To toast its success, Bid Shopping is offering customers a chance to win a two night getaway, along with 13 pence deals and 13 pence postage and packaging. Visit http://www.bid.tv for further information.
Bid Shopping facts include:
- Over 90 million customer orders since beginning
- Bid Shopping’s best deals have included jeans at 1p, a diamond ring at £1 and Cartier fragrance at £1
- Deal of the Day is one of Bid’s most popular aspects, with over 250,000 units sold in just six months
- One of the Deal of the Days was a ceramic pan set for £2.99 which sold out over 4,000 units in under 15 minutes
- Britain is a nation of green fingers, with over a quarter of a million garden plants sold so far this year
- Household goods have proven very popular with Bid Shopping over the years, with over 790,000 towels and 595,000 pan sets sold
- Bid shoppers love their smellies, with over 1.36 million fragrances sold
- One of Bid’s most popular items in the jewellery department is watches, with over 3.69 million sold so far
Bid Shopping is available 17.5 hours a day, seven days a week, on Freeview 23, Virgin Media 745, Sky 654, Freesat 802 and WightFibre 704. Visit http://www.bid.tv.