Houston, TX (PRWEB) October 08, 2013
The Houston Business-Education Coalition (HBEC) is pleased to announce that it has endorsed Anna Eastman in the District 8 Houston Independent School District (HISD) Election.
"We interviewed all candidates and carefully considered responses to a detailed questionnaire," said Jonathan Day, HBEC Pac Chair. "Anna has shown exemplary leadership as HISD’s current board chair and has been at the forefront of ethics reform. HBEC is grateful for her continuing commitment to serve HISD and its students and parents."
HBEC is comprised of 15 business and professional leaders who are vitally interested in the quality of the leadership on the HISD Board. Members of the HBEC PAC are:
- Lanesha Anderson - Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, ABM
- Jonathan Day - Of Counsel, Andrews Kurth LLP
- Richard Figueroa - Vice President and Senior Financial Advisor, UBS Services
- Michael Griffin - Partner, Silver Oak Financial Group
- Larry Kellner - President, Emerald Creek Group
- Steven Mach - Vice President of Finance and Corporate Affairs, March Group
- Ramon Manning - CEO, Partners Energy Group
- Sherea McKenzie - Executive Director, Office of Commissioner El Franco Lee
- Kendall Miller - President, Tanglewood Corporation
- Gasper Mir - Principal, MFR P.C.
- Rod Paige - Former Secretary of Education & Former Superintendent of HISD
- Adrian Patterson - Partner, Andrews Kurth LLP
- Gracie Saenz - Partner, Saenz & Burkhardt PLLC
- Richard Schechter - Law Office of Richard Schechter
- Douglas M. Selman - R&D VP, Exxon (Retired)
- Michael Trevino - Reputation Management Associates
- Lori Vetters - Regional Commercial Executive, HSBC Bank
- Dick Weekley - Chairman, Weekley Development Company
- Welcome Wilson, Sr. - GSL Industrial
- Jim Windham - Windham Capital Advisory
- Don Woo - Mission Constructors
- Lee Zieben - President, Affordable Housing Group
About Anna Eastman:
Anna Eastman is a public school success story. She grew up in Richardson, Texas and went on to graduate from the University of Texas in 1992 with a bachelor of fine arts degree in art history. She then earned a masters of social work degree in 1993 from Our Lady of the Lake University.
Anna serves on the leadership team of the Community Advisory Group to the University of Texas School of Public Health Prevention Research Center, whose focus is adolescent sexual health. As a volunteer for Recipe for Success, a nonprofit organization dedicated to combating childhood obesity, Anna has served in various capacities, including chair of the 2009 fall fundraiser. She serves as a Senior Fellow of American Leadership Forum, on the Board of Advisors of the Holocaust Museum of Houston, and is a member of HGOco, the Houston Grand Opera’s education and community outreach committee.
Anna joined the HISD School Board in 2009. After serving as assistant secretary and second vice president, she currently serves as Board president, a position to which she was unanimously elected. More information about Anna Eastman can be found at http://www.houstonisd.org/Page/41212.
About Houston Business-Education Coalition PAC
HBEC is committed to supporting candidates for school board positions who demonstrate the leadership to improve student academic performance. HBEC is also committed to creating support in the community for significant changes that are required in Houston's public schools.
Jonathan Day, Chair, HBEC