(PRWEB) October 10, 2013
Universal Sales Truths (UST) today announced a specific B2B professional sales engagement program designed around the needs of career-minded sales executives interested in improving their sales performance.
It is no secret that in today’s environment where many sales execs do not work in traditional sales offices, it becomes challenging to learn critical sales skills. Companies have online training for product information as well as the competitive landscape; however where does a salesman go for many of the intangibles skills that are critical to long-term success? Books can offer guidance and insight, such as UST’s publication “What They Don’t Teach You in Sales School”. However, there is no substitution for one on one sales coaching from individuals who have walked the walk.
It makes perfect sense for companies to invest in quality training for their employees. The return on the sales coaching investment will pay high dividends and if the company is not willing to make the investment, then the sales exec can and should make the investment on an individual basis. Truly investing in the career a person has chosen makes good business sense.
UST’s new offering includes:
1) One hour meeting with sales manager to gain his or her insight regarding the sales reps strengths and weaknesses. Topics covered include reps track record, sales skills, work ethic, product knowledge, industry knowledge, competitive landscape, ability to work with corporate resources including sales management, and support personnel. Topics are customized to specific requirements.
2) Two hour meeting with sales rep in order to gain baseline data discussed with the manager as well as assessing his or her foundational sales skills. Additionally, a major portion of the meeting will be to discuss the overall strategy the rep has developed to meet his or her annual quota objectives.
3) A full day in the field. The objective would be to make at least 2 sales calls. One should be an initial sales call on a legitimate prospect. The other should be on a prospect that is close to making a decision.
4) From the interviews as well as the day in the field with the sales rep I will make 3 recommendations to the sales manager that will improve the performance of the sales rep. With the approval of the sales manager we will jointly discuss the recommendations and action plan with the sales rep.
5) We will have a joint follow-up meeting in 30 days to review the progress of the program as well as make appropriate adjustments. In addition I will be available for 3 months by email and telephone to fine tune the program if required.
Although sales managers may have the skill set to provide coaching, in most cases they don’t have the bandwidth to dedicate enough time to this important discipline. In fact, sales managers who have spent more time in management rather than direct sales typically don’t have the required skill set.
A successful B2B sales exec must focus on 3 components of the sales triangle:
- Fundamental sales skills
- Product, Industry, and competitive landscape
- B2B foundational principles
UST sales coaching focuses on B2B foundational principles. Without a firm grasp and execution on these Universal Sales Truths, all of the product knowledge and competitive information in the world is useless.
Bright and hard-working sales executives who know the product, industry and the competition very well lose business every day because of the lack of foundational principles. Interestingly enough, in many cases they have no idea why they lost the deal - the reason is the 3rd component of the sales triangle. UST believes it all starts with B2B foundational principles. That is why this new sales coaching offering is so valuable for career-minded sales execs that are looking to perform at the highest level.
Are you in need of a sales manager or sales coach? Please read this article:http://universalsalestruths.com/are-you-in-need-of-a-sales-manager-or-a-sales-coach/
About Universal Sales Truths
UST provides resources for career-minded sales folks. These resources focus on issues and challenges that professional sales executives face that are typically not written about in traditional sales publications. UST believes that conventional sales training along specific product, industry and competitive training are only part of the picture. In order to maximize potential, sales experts must develop a strong foundation. This foundation is based on 5 UNIVERSAL SALES TRUTHS that stand the test of time. Regardless of the product or service represented, in order to be the best sales professional – these “TRUTHS” should be adhered to. For more information visit http://universalsalestruths.com/ .