The new PowerSteering 10 release takes a giant step forward in portfolio planning capabilities compared to other project and portfolio management software applications.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) October 16, 2013
Upland Software, the world’s largest cloud provider of enterprise applications for project, portfolio, and work management, today announced the immediate availability of PowerSteering 10, the latest release of the award winning leading cloud project & portfolio management (PPM) application for top-down program and portfolio management.
PowerSteering is the only cloud PPM application designed as a top-down system. It enables executives in IT, New Product Development, Process Excellence, and PMOs (project management offices) to improve portfolio-level visibility and insight and without requiring the management of granular task and resource details. PowerSteering 10 introduces powerful new portfolio planning tools for understanding impacts and trade-offs when selecting projects, assigning resources, or making in-flight changes. Using the system’s highly configurable Visual Portals and Dashboards, executives can also readily gain insights into their programs, projects & initiatives just by tracking key high-level information, such as important milestones. Indicators & alerts can then be set to empower “management by exception” - highlighting any projects that are off track, over budget, or otherwise out of compliance. The result: improved business decision making and agility without burdening project teams with onerous data entry requirements that reduce productivity and hinder end-user adoption.
The latest release further extends PowerSteering’s class-leading capabilities in portfolio management and analysis by introducing numerous unique enhancements in this area, including:
- Portfolio Comparisons enable portfolio managers to view two portfolios side-by-side while utilizing the power of PowerSteering’s Dashboard tools to help solve complex analytical problems. Users can now quickly model and assess the impact of different portfolio scenarios, determine how best to add new projects to a portfolio at full capacity, consider how to integrate and add new projects and programs during annual planning, visualize the impact of market driven strategy changes, and better evaluate trade-offs during resource planning.
- Portfolio Variations empower users to easily view new portfolios and create as well as compare variations during the planning and analysis step. Users can change the composition of a portfolio in real-time – via filtering or manually including/excluding projects– and then save a "Snapshot" of the changed portfolio, with or without an explicit relationship to the original. The new portfolio variation can then be edited utilizing PowerSteering’s other powerful planning and analysis features such as the Executive Review, Resource Review, Report Wizard, et al.
- Portfolio Planning now allows administrators to directly manipulate the portfolio mix within the Dashboard. Users can decide which the projects are to be included in or excluded from a given portfolio, and a new utility allows easy clean up portfolio definitions. This tool is especially useful when used in conjunction with the Portfolio Variations and Portfolio Comparisons functions for viewing different configurations of the same portfolio side-by-side for planning and optimization purposes.
- Charts on Dashboards help administrators and project managers have a greater degree of control over how to easily display critical portfolio data. A library of saved charts can be developed that simplifies the process of creating Dashboards and Visual Portals. This is especially useful for sharing consistent data representations that are otherwise might be formatted differently on different portfolios or by different users.
- Other Dashboard Enhancements have been made, including in-line editing and copying of portfolios, to streamline real-time portfolio- and project-level planning.
While improved portfolio planning is the focus of PowerSteering 10, other major enhancements in the release are:
- Project Transformation Improvements that help administrators and product life cycle owners convert from one project or work type to another in order to support a variety of life cycle processes used by the Project Management Offices (PMO). The feature now supports the ability to copy (or move) the related assets - such as Documents, Status Reports, Issues, Discussions, Risks, Measure, and action items (Tasks) - from a source project to the target project during the conversion process.
- New Online Help Functionality has been added, including context-sensitive help, to support product adoption and ease-of-use.
The PowerSteering 10 release also includes dozens of additional new enhancements in many areas including Administrator Work Templates, API and SOAP Web Services Client Improvements, Oracle JDK 1.7 Support, and many others. The new release was developed from an established customer requirements process including an extensive and successful testing period. Existing PowerSteering customers have already been upgraded to release 10 and are taking advantage of the new capabilities with proven cloud based performance and reliability as well as simple and competitive licensing options.
“The new PowerSteering 10 release takes a giant step forward in portfolio planning capabilities compared to other project and portfolio management software applications,” said Doug Riseberg, PowerSteering General Manager and VP of Client Services for Upland Software. “PowerSteering 10 continues to demonstrate our commitment to provide the ‘Best of Breed’ cloud top-down PPM solution for our clients.”
People can learn more about the release of PowerSteering 10 at http://www.powersteeringsoftware.com/product-powersteering-10.
About Upland Software
Upland is the world’s largest cloud provider of enterprise software for project, portfolio and work management. Upland is the only cloud software provider that offers a comprehensive family of applications that enable organizations to align their goals, projects and programs, optimize their resource utilization and workflows, and empower teams to collaborate and work effectively. From strategic planning to work execution, Upland drives business results for more than 1,200 enterprise clients with 300,000 active users in 50 plus countries. Visit http://www.uplandsoftware.com for more information.
About PowerSteering Software
PowerSteering combines the robust project and portfolio management (PPM) functionality demanded by global organizations with the cost & speed-to-value benefits of cloud delivery and an unmatched level of flexibility. Easy to use and administer, it enables top-down program & portfolio management without requiring granular task & resource tracking, and provides class-leading analytic and financial tracking capabilities. Leading global organizations, including Merck, Staples, the US Department of Defense, and the UK National Health Service, rely on PowerSteering to accelerate results in IT, New Product Development, Process Excellence and Business PMOs. PowerSteering is part of the Upland family of cloud-based project, portfolio, and work management software products. Visit http://www.powersteeringsoftware.com for more information.