Larkspur, California (PRWEB) October 11, 2013
Marin Country Mart and Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry have once again teamed up to offer a special promotion that invites San Francisco residents and visitors to discover a new world at the world-class shopping and dining destination, located just steps from the Larkspur Ferry Terminal. Marin Country Mart is an artisans’ village filled with inviting restaurants, boutique shops and convenient services. Building on the popularity and success of a similar promotion in August, the special program offers complimentary Golden Gate Ferry transportation on selected trips from San Francisco to Larkspur, beginning Columbus Day, October 14, 2013.
Reflecting the promotion theme, “Discover a New World at Marin Country Mart,” and its seafaring journey aboard the scenic ferry, Columbus Day was chosen as the launch date in honor of Christopher Columbus’s own ocean voyages of discovery in the Americas. With this in mind, ferry riders from San Francisco with children who come to Larkspur on a qualified ferry trip on October 14 will enjoy a special welcome: kids ages 10 and under will receive a complimentary organic hot dog from Belcampo Meat Co. from 11 am – 2 pm and 5 – 9 pm when they present a card distributed as ferry riders disembark the ferry at Larkspur.
The promotion invites San Francisco residents and visitors alike to enjoy free travel to Larkspur aboard the Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry to visit Marin Country Mart. Upon arrival at the Larkspur Ferry Terminal, riders can take a brief stroll over a pedestrian bridge to the upscale shopping and dining destinations at Marin Country Mart, where they can embark on their own voyage of discovery and experience its many inviting boutique shops, artisanal restaurants and featured entertainment.
This special offer is only available to Golden Gate Larkspur Ferry riders from San Francisco to Larkspur on certain weekend trips and on off-peak, non-commute weekday trips. Qualified ferry trips from San Francisco to Larkspur are weekday departures between 8:30 am – 3:00 pm and the weekend departure at 12:40 pm. The complete Larkspur schedule is available by calling 511 or online at http://goldengateferry.org/schedules/Larkspur.php. This offer is not valid for organized tour groups.
Here is how San Francisco riders can take advantage of this special offer, beginning October 14:
- Riders departing San Francisco may go online and download a promotion ferry ticket from San Francisco to Larkspur at http://www.goldengate.org/MCMPromo and present the ticket upon boarding a qualified ferry departure. (See above for participating ferry departures where tickets are valid.)
- The Golden Gate San Francisco Ferry Terminal (SFFT) is located on The Embarcadero at the foot of Market Street behind the historic San Francisco Ferry Building.
James Rosenfield, Marin Country Mart’s owner, is delighted to again welcome visitors from San Francisco and beyond, and join Golden Gate Ferry to offer complimentary ferry passage from San Francisco to Larkspur. “This promotion combines two great Bay Area experiences, each Larkspur landmark,” said Rosenfield. “The ferry cruise to Larkspur is relaxing, picturesque and convenient. Just steps from the Larkspur ferry terminal upon arrival is Marin Country Mart. Here, visitors will discover a welcoming village environment featuring talented artisans and entrepreneurs, which is filled with upscale boutiques, diverse eateries, convenient services and frequent special events.”
Marin Country Mart began its new incarnation in 2009, when the Larkspur Landing property assumed a new identity, style and retail mix. Since then, the shopping venue has become known for its congenial ambience, over 20 specialty boutiques – many found nowhere else in the Bay Area, 13 dining options, and a range of services. Even past visitors may be surprised – and tempted – by the many recent additions. Marin Country Mart has been enhanced with a wide range of exciting merchants: its boutique shops include Intermix, Calypso St. Barth, Erica Tanov, Unionmade, Malia Mills, Hudson Grace, Toy Crazy and Diesel, A Bookstore. Among its eateries are Belcampo Meat Co., El Huarache Loco, Rustic Bakery, Three Twins Ice Cream, and Farmshop. Services include Lark Shoes and Repair, Barber Lane, Marin Country Mart Trading Post and Post Office, and SoulCycle.
In addition, Marin Country Mart welcomes its neighbors and friends to enjoy a multitude of special events (over 500 per year!) designed to attract both families and adults. Here’s a sampling of what’s in store – and ALL of these special events are complimentary:
- Friday Night Jazz: The jazz series, extended by popular demand through October on Fridays from 6 – 9 pm, is a showcase for some of California’s best jazz players, including the Bob Shleeter Trio on October 18 and the Jeff Derby Trio on October 25.
- Halloween Carnival: On October 26, kids of all ages and dogs are invited to come in costume for two special parades, also featuring the Superheroes Brass & Tin Marching Band, prizes and treats. The Kids' Costume Parade begins at 10:30 am and the Pup Parade at 11 am.
- Marin Country Mart Farmers’ Market: Open year-round on Saturdays from 9 am – 2 pm, the Farmers’ Market showcases the freshest seasonal offerings from local farmers and purveyors, with an emphasis on organic and sustainable goods. There are also many fun activities to delight kids: pony rides, a petting zoo, face painting, kid’s music or storytelling, children’s crafts, and live music.
- Off the Grid: A roaming mobile food extravaganza, Off the Grid cruises to Marin Country Mart every Sunday from 11 am – 3 pm. Eight vendors offer delicious food, enhanced by live music and splendid views of the bay and Mount Tam. From the largest gathering of food trucks in Marin, visitors can choose gourmet foods to eat onsite or take home – perfect for an easy Sunday supper.
Marin Country Mart is located at 2257 Larkspur Landing Circle, Larkspur, CA 94939. There’s lots of free parking. For more information, contact us by phone 415-461-5700, email at PR(at)marincountrymart(dot)com or online at http://www.marincountrymart.com.
The Larkspur Ferry Terminal is located at 101 E. Sir Francis Drake Boulevard in Larkspur. From San Francisco, riders depart from the Golden Gate San Francisco Ferry Terminal, located on the Embarcadero, at the foot of Market Street, behind the historic Ferry Building. For more information, please call 415-455-2000 or visit http://www.goldengate.org.
For a complete Larkspur Ferry schedule, visit http://www.goldengateferry.org/schedules/Larkspur.php
About Marin Country Mart
In 2009, J.S. Rosenfield & Co. purchased Larkspur Landing, transforming it into Marin Country Mart through extensive upgrades and new retail offerings with independent brands that better reflect the preferences of residents and visitors. The open-air shopping destination, comprised of 12 barn buildings and over 173,000 square feet of space, features appealing boutiques, dining options, services and special events. Marin Country Mart has two sister venues in Southern California, Brentwood Country Mart and Montecito Country Mart, which are favorites among residents for exceptional shopping and dining. All are conceived with a spirit of community in mind, as lively gathering places that evoke simpler, more gracious times. Inspired by the idea of the village square, Marin Country Mart is a welcoming destination where local residents and visitors enjoy talented artisans and entrepreneurs who ply their trades with pride and skill, in a congenial environment shared with families, neighbors and friends.
For more information or photos, please contact:
James S. Rosenfield
Owner, Marin Country Mart
2257 Larkspur Landing Circle
Larkspur, CA 94939
About the Golden Gate Bridge, Highway & Transportation District
The Golden Gate Bridge, Highway & Transportation District, based in San Francisco, is a public agency that owns and operates the Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Transit buses and Golden Gate Ferry.
For more information or photos, please contact:
Public Affairs Director; Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District