I am very pleased to announce that Steve Schwinke, Director of Application Development at General Motors has just joined the first-class line-up of speakers set to take the stage at the Content & Apps for Automotive 2013 conference in San Francisco.
(PRWEB) October 11, 2013
With the importance of in car connectivity continuing to rise, especially amongst tech savvy younger drivers and those purchasing in the low to mid-range vehicle segments, so has the bar for services that this connectivity is enabling. However, as this in-car connectivity continues to hit the headlines of the mainstream press, identifying the telematics fads from the indispensable in car services and apps has never been more difficult yet more crucial.
Kevin Link, a senior VP at Verizon Telematics, has the infotainment area pegged as the sector undergoing the greatest transformation and, therefore, at biggest risk for fads. Hardwiring a social media application or a music streaming service into the vehicle is dangerous, as there’s no telling what will happen in five years’ time. “If the company fails, you’re left with a button in the head unit that doesn’t do anything,” He continued, “I know what the killer app is, and it’s the app that can replace the killer application,” he says. “Today, in the U.S., people are crazy about things like Twitter and Facebook, but these can come and go in a time frame of two years.”
Telematics Update, event director Gareth Ragg stated, simply delivering personal preference is no longer sufficient for in-car content and apps. Those companies who will avoid the fads and lead the next generation of connected car services will need to harness variables such as weather, time of day and even trending data into their content to deliver a context rich experience.”
“To tackle this crucial topic, I am very pleased to announce that Steve Schwinke, Director of Application Development at General Motors has just joined the first-class line-up of speakers set to take the stage at the Content & Apps for Automotive 2013 conference in San Francisco”.
Content & Apps for Automotive USA 2013 Conference, December 11-12, San Francisco, is North America’s largest event dedicated to automotive content. It will tackle how create a new app paradigm for the car by developing a flexible auto-grade content platform.
For the complete Content & Apps for Automotive 2013 conference program and speaker line-up, visit: http://www.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/index.php.
Over 25 Industry pioneer speakers at the conference include:
- Steve Schwinke, Director of Application Development, General Motors
- Matt Jones, Senior Technical Specialist - Infotainment, Jaguar Land Rover
- Philippe Kahn, CEO, Fullpower-MotionX
- Damon Lavrinc, Transportation Editor, WIRED
- Steffen Neumann, Project Manager, Mercedes-Benz R&D North America
- Charles Koch, Manager New Business Development, American Honda
- Benjamin Auslander, Manager - Content Development, Connected Services, Volkswagen
- Jake Sigal, Founder and CEO, Livio
- Michael Harkey, Platform BD, Foursquare
- Martin Kristensson, Head of Content Acquisition, Volvo
- Henry Bzeih, Head - Infotainment & Telematics, KIA Motors
- Geoff Snyder, Director - Automotive Business Development, Pandora
To see the full speaker line-up of over 25+ industry leading speakers - http://www.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/conference-speakers.php.
The hottest industry debates and announcements:
- Get to grips with the future of IVI platform standardization: Collaboration or competition?
- Explore how to redefine the vehicle app UI through delivering an integrated content platform
- Evaluate whether Android and iOS are primed to make the leap into the automotive arena
- Debate the business models that will transform the car into lucrative platform for developers
- Discover how to harness contextual data to create uber-personal content and apps for the car
To view the complete conference agenda - http://www.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/conference-agenda.php.
Rave industry reviews of Content & Apps for Automotive USA:
“The place where car companies and content people come together to make great things happen.”
Nokia Location and Commerce
“Perfect atmosphere and place to share and talk about open innovations with each others. TU conference will be a right opportunity to gain very fruitful outcomes and directions.”
“Great opportunity to hear what is happening in such a dynamic space, and a phenomenal networking opportunity.”
“Recommended event for all creating and supporting automotive content and applications. I was able to get up to speed quickly on the hot topics and future concerns of the industry.”
For the complete Content & Apps for Automotive USA 2013 conference program and speaker line-up, access the e-brochure at http://www.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/conference-event-brochure.php or contact the Telematics Update team at content(at)telematicsupdate(dot)com.
Register before this Friday (October 18) via the secure link below to take advantage of a $200 saving on all conference passes: https://secure.telematicsupdate.com/content-services-mobile-apps/register.php.
About Telematics Update:
Telematics Update Conferences are the most prestigious in the industry. We produce the largest telematics events in North America, Europe & Asia, and attract the most influential speakers providing a rich environment for establishing strategic relationships and networking.
Conference Director | Telematics Update
T: (UStf) 1 800 814 3459 ext 7589 | (Global) +44 (0)20 7375 7589