Lafayette, California (PRWEB) October 17, 2013
Memento Care (http://www.mementocare.com), the Bay Area’s only care home network supporting residential assisted living homes for seniors, has partnered with Alamo Residence Homes, a board and care home in Alamo, to offer innovative care designed by a neurologist.
As a member of the Memento Care Home Network, Alamo Residential Homes will now offer amenities and services usually only available at large elder care communities. Alamo Residence Homes will continue to provide the personal attention small “Board and Care” assisted living homes are known for, but with the added benefits of Memento Care’s resources. Nancy Oh, Owner and Administrator of Alamo Residence Homes, and her close-knit staff provide highly personalized, loving care, including hospice and dementia care, to the elderly residents living in this comfortable home on Stone Valley Road. The Memento partnership will enable them to offer more support services, such as individually catered meals, activities and staff training designed by Memento’s CEO and neurologist, Michael Nelson.
“As a neurologist specializing in elder care, I’ve visited residents at Alamo Residence Homes, and I’ve always been impressed,” said Dr. Nelson. “Nancy Oh and her staff are compassionate, loving, highly professional caregivers. There’s an intimacy to the place, a special rapport between the staff and the residents. I’m very pleased to have Alamo Residence Homes as part of the Memento Care Home Network.”
“I’m very excited to join Memento Care Home Network,” said Ms. Oh. “We’ll be able to offer our residents additional services, without sacrificing the atmosphere and personal attention a small residential care home provides. For example, Memento’s technology will allow us to communicate more easily with our residents’ family members, and handicapped accessible vehicles will provide greater convenience and comfort to the seniors in our care. I’m especially excited to have my staff participate in the specialized training Dr. Nelson has developed, as he has always been so gracious to our residents.”
“Having Alamo Residence Homes as part of the Memento Care Home Network is valuable to us in so many ways,” said Memento President, Scott Jules. Nancy Oh is very highly regarded elder care provider, and has operated her Residential Care Home in Alamo since 1989. The Alamo location is in the heart of Contra Costa County and the San Ramon Valley, allowing Memento to offer our innovative residential care home model to families and their loved ones in the area. Alamo Care Homes is already a best-in-class Residential Care facility, exactly the type of partner we want to have in the Memento Network.”
About Memento Care Home Network: Memento was created by neurologist Mike Nelson and nurse practitioner Karyn Nelson, of Lafayette, CA. With over 20 years of combined experience specializing in care for the elderly and with experience making neurology and hospice care house calls, Karyn and Mike founded Memento with the goal of providing families with a better option for senior care. Memento Care Home Network homes have all the advantages of small Residential Care Homes, with the addition of centralized resources. The combination is an innovation in senior residential assisted living, offering "best of both worlds" support for residents, their families and the Care Home owners and staff. Memento Network homes offer resources not found in other Care Homes, including:
- Ongoing specialized staff education developed by a neurologist;
- Training and information from a panel of other senior care specialists;
- Standards far in excess of standard licensing requirements;
- Technology to help staff members share more information about residents and activities within the care home with family members, and simple but effective technologies like call buttons in every room;
- Handicapped-accessible vehicles that make travel much easier on residents;
- In home visits by neurologists, podiatrists, hair stylists, and other caregivers;
- Social and therapeutic programming designed by a designated professional;
- Professionally catered meals;
- Specific certifications for dementia and hospice services;
- Facilities that meet most of the requirements of 50+ bed facilities.
For more information visit Memento Care Home Network online at http://www.MementoCare.com. You may also find Memento on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
About Alamo Residence Homes – Stone Valley Road (License # 079200297): A Residential Care Home for the Elderly (also called Senior or Elder Assisted Living Home, or “Board and Care”) provides high quality care for up to six elderly residents in a home style environment. The staff is dedicated to providing each resident personalized care in a safe and warm environment designed to bring peace of mind to both guests and their families. Residents enjoy a congenial and helpful atmosphere with plenty of love and encouragement to be independent. Services and features include:
- 24 hour supervision by well trained, compassionate and professional onsite staff;
- Medication supervision, bathing, dressing, and grooming assistance, including incontinence care;
- The ability to tailor and change care as the needs of residents change;
- Alzheimer's, dementia, and hospice care;
- Long and short term care, including Caregiver's Respites;
- A variety of accommodations, including single- and double-occupancy rooms, some with a private deck to enjoy the country atmosphere.
- The large landscaped yard areas give residents ample room for exercise.
- All bedrooms have cable TV and phone hook-up, and personal laundry service is provided.
For more information on Alamo Residential Homes visit http://www.mementocare.com/component/content/article/11-care-homes/16-alamo-residence-home.