Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 14, 2013
The PBM industry is consolidating at breakneck speed, and with these cataclysmic changes in the PBM landscape, health plans and employers that contract with PBMs are understandably anxious about the potential impact on their drug benefits.“New Health Plan/Employer Strategies to Weather Unprecedented PBM Consolidation,” the upcoming Oct. 30 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will discuss the rapid-fire evolution of the PBM marketplace and its implications for all purchasers of drug benefits.
Participants will hear insights from three industry experts — Ross Muken and Michael Cherny of ISI Group LLC’s Healthcare Services & Technology Research Team, and Josh Golden of Pharmaceutical Strategies Group LLC. In 60 minutes of presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions, the webinar will provide answers to key questions such as:
- What payer challenges are created by PBM consolidation in terms of pricing, service or other areas of the PBM business model?
- What types of integration issues do PBM mergers and acquisitions present? How are PBMs resolving them?
- What action can plan sponsors take in the event of a change in ownership? What language should they include in their PBM contracts as a precaution?
- During the request-for-proposals process, how much weight should plan sponsors give to potential consolidations?
- How has retail network contracting evolved due to industry consolidation? What are the pros/cons for payers?
- What types of differentiators exist among PBMs today, particularly in the rapidly consolidating middle market?
- What are the implications for formulary strategies and rebate contracting?
- What impact does consolidation have on specialty pharmacy?
- What is the PBM market likely to look like in another five or 10 years?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c3p46_103013 for more details, including speaker biographies and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.