Weiser Insurance of Texas Releases Child Safety Tips in Honor of Child Passenger Safety Month
Texas based insurance agency Weiser Insurance shares tips on keeping children safe in vehicles to celebrate Child Passenger Safety Month.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) October 14, 2013
Unfortunately, car crashes are currently the leading cause of death for children between the ages of 1 and 13 in the U.S., according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In order to bring more awareness to this serious issue and try to prevent auto accidents from being deadly, Weiser Insurance of Texas decided to share tips on keeping children of all ages safe as part of Child Passenger Safety Month.
- Make sure to choose the proper car seat for each child’s age and weight. All children weighing less than 20 pounds should be seated in a rear-facing infant car seat. Between the ages of one and four, or between 20 and 40 pounds, children should be secured in a forward-facing toddler car seat. Once children have reached about 40 pounds, they can be secured in the back seat with a belt-positioning booster seat.
- Children under the age of 12 should not sit in the front seat, since the impact of the air bag during an accident can be very dangerous.
- Teach children about the importance of wearing seat belts at an early age, in order to instill the right habits as soon as possible. Since wearing a seat belt is arguably the most effective way to protect a passenger in the event of an accident, it’s important for children of all ages to understand the benefits of seat belts, and how to wear them properly. Make sure children are also wearing the shoulder strap section of the seat belt across their chest, since the lap belt is not sufficient to protect them in the event of an accident.
- Investing in automatic door locks, if not already equipped on the vehicle, can be a great way to prevent children from accidentally opening the car doors while the car is moving.
- Never leave a child in the car alone, as the inside temperature of the vehicle can heat up extremely fast and can lead to deadly heatstroke.
With such a huge number of child deaths related to car crashes, it’s so important for proper child passenger safety practices to be well-known and practiced. Following these tips from Weiser Insurance can help keep children safer in vehicles, and can hopefully spread the word about proper safety precautions. As a leading auto insurance broker, Texas residents are also encouraged to contact the agency at 888-901-8897 for information about insurance solutions.
About Weiser Insurance:
Established in 1988, Weiser Insurance has continually provided comprehensive and affordable insurance services throughout the last 25 years. Over time, the agency has planted strong roots in the Houston community and grown into a full service insurance agency with representation from a wide variety of insurance companies. These companies have been carefully selected, ensuring that each client is matched with top-notch coverage for a reasonable price. Its agents are devoted to working by your side, at all times. With Weiser Insurance, you get service, savings, and solutions!