Albany, NY (PRWEB) October 15, 2013
While there are many changes happening to the health insurance industry under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), Medicare is not changing, and CDPHP® is here to help seniors cut through the confusion.
“We want Medicare beneficiaries to know that they can rely on CDPHP to help them navigate through open enrollment and choose the best plan to fit their needs,” said Brian Morrissey, chief marketing officer, CDPHP. “We offer outstanding, local service. Our representatives can help answer questions about Star Ratings, Medicare Advantage plans, supplemental plans, and prescription coverage.”
CDPHP Medicare Choices HMO and PPO plans provide comprehensive coverage through a dedicated network of physicians, hospitals, and pharmacies, as well as valuable extras such as no-cost gym memberships, extra savings at CVS pharmacies, and local, knowledgeable customer service. Part D prescription coverage and Medicare supplemental insurance is also available.
Here’s what seniors need to know:
- The annual open enrollment period runs from October 15 to December 7, 2013.
- Medicare-eligible individuals will not sign up through the health insurance marketplace (aka exchange).
- Medicare beneficiaries will continue to receive the same benefits they have in the past.
- CDPHP Medicare HMO and PPO plans have received 4.5 out of 5 Stars by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for 2014.*
- The National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) ranked CDPHP Medicare Choices HMO #1 in New York state (#9 nationally) for its NCQA’s Medicare Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2013–2014.
With highly-rated plans and service, CDPHP is ready to guide Medicare beneficiaries through open enrollment and help them make the best choices to fit their needs, goals, and budget. Assistance is available online at http://www.cdphp.com/medicare, on the phone or in person through informational seminars.
*Plan performance Star Ratings are based on 5 Stars. Plan performance Star Ratings are assessed each year and may change from one year to the next. For more information on Star Ratings, visit http://www.medicare.gov.
Established in 1984, CDPHP is a physician-founded, member-focused and community-based not-for-profit health plan that offers high-quality affordable health insurance plans to members in 24 counties throughout New York. CDPHP is also on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.