The reception our designs have received from fashion publications such as W Magazine and by the many celebrities who carry Jill Milan on the red carpet is tremendous confirmation we have reached the highest levels of fashion.
San Francisco (PRWEB) October 15, 2013
Jill Milan®, a provider of designer Italian handbags, was named “Vegan Business of the Year” for 2013, the luxury fashion brand announced today. The awards, bestowed by Vegans are Cool, recognize the accomplishments of vegans and vegan organizations.
“I conceived Jill Milan to show that it’s possible to wear high fashion that is cruelty free. The reception our designs have received from fashion publications such as W Magazine and by the many celebrities who carry Jill Milan on the red carpet is tremendous confirmation we have reached the highest levels of fashion. And this recognition as Vegan Business of the Year is a tremendous validation of our ethical objectives,” said Jill Milan founder Jill Fraser. “We are extremely gratified with this award.”
Other recipients among the 2013 winners include Millennium of San Francisco in the “Outstanding Vegan Restaurant” category. Previous winners include Victoria Moran for “Vegan of the Year” and Jane Velez-Mitchell for “Outstanding Vegan Journalist.”
The Jill Milan collection of luxury handbags is made entirely in Italy, by Italian artisans using Italian materials. Features include hand stitching and metalwork handmade by craftsmen who create jewelry for Europe’s leading luxury brands. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-based materials such as leather, fur and wool.
Jill Milan handbags have become a favorite of celebrities for red carpet events. Actress Amy Poehler carried Jill Milan to the Emmy Awards in September, and other celebrities carrying Jill Milan on the red carpet include two of February’s Academy Award recipients – Anne Hathaway carried Jill Milan to premieres for her films “Les Miserables” and “The Dark Knight Rises,” and Jennifer Lawrence carried Jill Milan to events leading up to January’s Golden Globe Awards. Other celebrities who have carried Jill Milan handbags for red-carpet appearances:
- Kerry Washington, star of the ABC television series “Scandal,” carried Jill Milan’s Holland Park clutch for European premieres of her film “Django Unchained.”
- Katie Lowes, Ms. Washington’s co-star on “Scandal,” carried the Jill Milan Art Deco Clutch to an Emmys party hosted by The Hollywood Reporter.
- Eva Longoria has carried Jill Milan handbags on several occasions, including to January’s presidential inauguration, and she was one of the earliest Hollywood celebrities to carry Jill Milan when she carried the Art Deco Clutch to the “Desperate Housewives” wrap party last year.
- Actress Fiona Gubelmann of television’s “Wilfred” carried Jill Milan as a presenter at the Genesis Awards, as well as to numerous premieres.
- Singer Carrie Underwood carried the Jill Milan Holland Park Clutch to the CMT Artists of the Year awards and attended the American Music Awards carrying the 450 Sutter Clutch.
- Jaime King, who as a model appeared in such fashion magazines as Vogue, Mademoiselle and Harper's Bazaar, and as an actress appeared in films including “Pearl Harbor” and “Sin City” and presently stars in the television series “Hart of Dixie,” carried the Octagon Clutch to the 18th Annual Critics’ Choice Awards.
- Actress Rachel Nichols carried the 450 Sutter to the premiere of her movie “Alex Cross.”
- Isla Fisher, who appeared in "The Great Gatsby," carried the Jill Milan Art Deco Clutch to the New York premiere of her film "Rise of the Guardians.”
- Actress Stana Katic of television’s “Castle” carried Jill Milan to the “Game of Thrones” premiere and to the 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards.
- Countess Michelle Czernin von Chudenitz is seen frequently in red carpet appearances carrying Jill Milan evening clutches.
- Actress Kristanna Loken, whose films include “Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines” and who has appeared on television’s “Burn Notice” and “The L Word,” carried Jill Milan to the 2013 FilmBall in Vienna, Austria.
Jill Milan handbags have drawn increased attention from influential fashion media. W Magazine’s October issue features Jill Milan’s new Octagon Clutch as part of the fashion publication’s “Most Wanted” feature. A recent piece for Vogue Daily, describing how Kerry Washington of “Scandal” prepared for the Emmys, included Jill Milan as one of the handbags considered. Bag Snob covered the Art Deco Clutch in a recent feature, and online entertainment, fashion, and lifestyle news magazine Entertainista named the SoHo Carryall one of the publication's a “Must Have” handbag. The Zoe Report recognized the Newbury Street Portfolio for its ability “to go from the office to cocktail hour.”
The complete list of Vegan of the Year 2013 winners is available at http://vegansarecool.com/2013/10/14/the-vegan-of-the-year-awards-2013-announcement/.
About Jill Milan
Jill Milan is a provider of luxury Italian handbags and fashion accessories. Made of exquisite materials, Jill Milan products are crafted in Italy by artisans who have created handbags and accessories for some of Europe’s best known fashion houses. All Jill Milan products are free of animal-derived materials, and the company contributes to animal-welfare organizations. Jill Milan is the only luxury handbag line entirely free of animal-derived materials which regularly appears on Hollywood’s red carpets. Visit Jill Milan on the Web and follow Jill Milan on Facebook.
Jill Milan and the Jill Milan logo are registered trademarks of Jill Milan LLC, and are protected by trademark laws of the United States and other countries. Academy Award is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. All other product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.