The PULSE system is a milestone for DMAS in supporting their reporting and budgeting needs and capabilities.
McLean, VA (PRWEB) October 16, 2013
Project Performance Company (PPC) takes pride in announcing the implementation of its Performance Budgeting Solution for the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS). The goal of the project was to implement a solution that automated the budgeting, planning, reporting and analysis, tailored to the needs of Commonwealth departments. As envisioned by DMAS, the final system provides an efficient process for gathering, storing, reporting and analyzing data in a central location, thereby allowing the department to make informed decisions using trusted data. The PPC project team successfully delivered this tailored solution in four months. The system, coined PULSE, will assist DMAS in managing over $8 billion in expenditures each year.
The key capabilities of PULSE include the following:
- Reduces the maintenance overhead of the current Excel-based budgeting and forecasting process, eliminating issues such as data manipulation, configuring, re-keying and versioning of data in the budget model.
- Enables simpler, quicker, more flexible and intuitive ad-hoc management reporting.
- Facilitates the speedy and efficient delivery of reports containing relevant data.
- Provides a sound architecture for better long-term data management and analysis.
- Designed to be user-driven and administered.
In order to successfully deliver PULSE, the PPC Team performed the following:
- Migrated existing budget management data into the system.
- Integrated weekly transaction data.
- Managed the reporting hierarchies and consolidation rules of the information.
- Met extensive reporting and analysis requirements for DMAS.
- Provided a Management Dashboard that allows key staff to quickly assess issues, as they occur, and determine the appropriate responding actions.
- Allowed for complete audit trail data inputs and changes.
Paul Meyers, Director of State and Local Programs for PPC, stated, “The PULSE system is a milestone for DMAS in supporting its reporting and budgeting needs and capabilities. The PULSE system provides a more granular budgeting and reporting capability, including DMAS specific data not previously entered or integrated in the Commonwealths Performance Budgeting (PB) system, while fully integrating with PB by uploading data from PULSE into the PB system and downloading data from PB into PULSE, thereby avoiding duplication of effort.”
Project Performance Company, LLC (PPC) is a leading Information Technology and Management Consulting firm, delivering solutions to Federal, State and Local Government and commercial industry. As a trusted advisor to the USPTO, PPC offers best practices and practical, business-driven solutions, with fresh perspectives on the current and planned USPTO business missions that will drive future IT transformations.
PPC employs over 300 professional staff members and has offices in the DC Metropolitan Area and across the nation. Our clients include Fortune 500 decision makers and Federal, State and local government agencies throughout the U.S. PPC is headquartered at 1760 Old Meadow Road, McLean Virginia 22102.
For more information, visit http://www.ppc.com, or contact Paul Meyers at pmeyers(at)ppc(dot)com.