'Seamax Engineering is an ideal partner for Cymbet as they have deep and long term relationships with electronics companies in their region,' said Blair Wilson Cymbet VP of Sales.
Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) October 15, 2013
Cymbet Corporation announced today that they are teaming with Seamax Engineering Pte Ltd to represent and distribute Cymbet’s entire family of EnerChip™ Smart Solid State Batteries and power management solutions in the Asia Pacific Region. Seamax is headquartered in Singapore and has offices in Malaysia, China and India. Cymbet EnerChip batteries are created using semiconductor processes and are sold in both standard plastic IC packages and as bare die batteries. EnerChips enable new innovative product capabilities that previously could not be realized with legacy energy storage devices such as coin cell batteries or supercapacitors.
“Seamax Engineering is an ideal partner for Cymbet as they have deep and long term relationships with electronics companies in their region,” said Blair Wilson Cymbet VP of Sales. “Seamax Engineering’s customers will appreciate the synergies between Cymbet EnerChips and the other products on the Seamax line card.”
EnerChips Go Where Coin Cell Batteries and Super Caps Can Not
The EnerChip rechargeable solid state batteries have a footprint as small as the CBC005 bare die that is 1.37mm x 0.85mm x 175 microns thick. Packaged EnerChip batteries with integrated power management range from 4 x 5 x 0.9mm to 9 x 9 x 0.9mm depending on battery capacity size.
“We are extraordinarily pleased to now represent Cymbet in our region,” said John Hsu of Seamax Engineering. “Our customers will be able to accelerate their new product innovation by using Cymbet rechargeable solid state batteries and ultra low power management solutions.”
Experimenting with EnerChips using Evaluation Kits
Seamax Engineering can now provide their customers with EnerChip Evaluation Kits to development many different applications:
- CBC-EVAL-05B EnerChip CC Evaluation Kit contains everything needed to test EnerChip, 5uAh, 12uAh and 50uAh thin film batteries with Integrated Battery Management for power backup.
- CBC-EVAL-09 Universal Energy Harvesting Kit provides a platform to try any type of EnerChip Harvesting transducer with the Cymbet Energy Processor and EnerChip batteries.
- CBC-EVAL-10 Solar Energy Harvesting Kit provides a cost effective solar EH solution with the PV cell tied directly to the EnerChip internal power management IC. Supports wireless endpoints.
- CBC-EVAL-11 RF Induction Charging Kit provides a method of wirelessly charging an EnerChip CBC3150. Supports wireless sensor nodes.
- CBC-EVAL-12 EnerChip RTC Real-Time-Clock Evaluation Kit: includes a Cymbet EnerChip RTC chip that combines a Real Time Clock, EnerChip solid state battery and power management IC in a single 5mmx5mmx1.4mm package. This kit also includes a Windows based Graphical User Interface to set the clock & test RTC operation in backup and count-down modes.
Included with all Cymbet evaluation kits are links to full datasheets and application notes that include reference designs and schematics. All the information designers need for easy EnerChip integration into their new products is on http://www.cymbet.com. Contact information for Seamax Engineering is under the http://www.cymbet.com Buy tab.
About Seamax Engineering Pte Ltd
Established in 1983, Seamax Engineering Pte Ltd is the exclusive representative and distributor of numerous leading brands of passive components, magnetic and inductive components, acoustic components, power supplies, GPS solutions, and precision machined and stamped components. They offer design-in, JIT delivery, inventory management, alternate source cross-referencing and procurement as part of our value-added services. The Seamax website is http://www.seamax.com.sg.
Cymbet Corporation is the leader in solid-state energy storage technology. The company is the first to market eco-friendly rechargeable storage devices that provide embedded systems designers with new embedded energy capabilities. The company's EnerChip™ solid state batteries with integrated power management enable new concepts in energy storage application for ICs and new products for medical, sensor, RFID, industrial control, communications and portable electronic devices. Visit Cymbet online at http://www.cymbet.com.
For Further Information:
Steve Grady VP Marketing