San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 16, 2013
In conjunction with Mobilize 2013, GigaOM Research today unveiled its newest Sector RoadMap™ report on enterprise mobility management (EMM). The report outlines key trends disrupting EMM, weighs their relative importance to the overall market, and examines which vendor strategies and toolsets will be best able to adapt. Vendors highlighted include AirWatch, Apperian, Citrix, Good Technology and MobileIron.
EMM is the collection of tools necessary to allow businesses to deploy, secure and manage policies, devices and applications for a mobile workforce. Research director Cormac Foster analyzes five disruption vectors that are expected to impact the EMM marketplace over the next 24 months, including: platform proliferation; continued enterprise distribution; the increasing importance of compliance, risk and governance; the emergence of EMM as an IT management system; and the demand for value-driven metrics. These vectors represent the areas in which EMM vendors may successfully leverage large-scale disruption to gain market share and revenue.
Key takeaways from the report include:
– EMM addresses an entirely new set of challenges.
– The market is changing so fast and user requirements are so unique and fluid that there is rarely one best provider.
– Currently vendors such as AirWatch, Citrix, and MobileIron appear best positioned to address the widest range of concerns from a single source.
– Successful EMM solutions will require a blend of mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM) tools, often from different vendors.
– The next 24 months will see additional partnerships and consolidation in the industry, as well as an increase in the popularity of managed mobile service providers.
Sector RoadMaps are GigaOM Research’s newest form of ecosystem analysis and research. The reports identify disruption vectors – the key competitive areas of a market that hold the greatest potential for large-scale, disruptive shifts. Sector RoadMaps feature a model of data visualization that illustrates the relative, weighted significance of the disruptive forces identified in the report.
About GigaOM Research
GigaOM Research provides timely, in-depth analysis of disruptive technologies and emerging markets for individual and corporate subscribers. Our network of 220+ independent analysts provides new content daily that bridges the gap between breaking news and long range research.