San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 16, 2013
Brightpearl (http://www.brightpearl.com), cloud software that integrates orders, inventory, accounting and customer data across different retail channels, today announced another key integration with Shopify (http://www.shopify.com), a world-renowned ecommerce platform used to create and run online stores. Brightpearl’s Commerce Acceleration Platform now integrates with Shopify POS, a point-of-sale system designed to let retailers easily sell in-store, in addition to online. Brightpearl initially integrated with the Shopify platform in April 2013. Brightpearl’s expanded integration with Shopify POS now gives multi-channel retailers the ability to achieve even greater insights into their customers’ shopping patterns via detailed analysis of inventory, orders, sales and profits by SKU or brand, by channel, and by customer. By integrating with Shopify POS, Brightpearl continues to give retailers the greatest insight into their businesses, allowing them to grow more rapidly.
The integration between Brightpearl and Shopify POS is available immediately to Brightpearl customers, and more information can be found at http://www.brightpearl.com/sales-channels/point-of-sale-software. More information on Shopify POS can be found at http://www.shopify.com/pos.
“Shopify and Brightpearl share a common goal: to give retailers powerful yet simple ways to scale their businesses,” said Harley Finkelstein, Shopify’s chief platform officer. “This latest integration with Brightpearl is another important step forward, and we're delighted to offer our Shopify POS customers the extra functionality that Brightpearl offers."
Brightpearl has developed new features and functionality into its Shopify integration that enables retailers to:
● Create and assign a new channel for POS orders within Brightpearl, enabling insights into individual stores’ performance and profitability. Additionally, any outgoing correspondence can be branded based on where the customer made the retail purchase.
● Have all POS receipts entered into their accounting ledgers automatically, alongside all sales receipts for their other channels
● Keep inventory levels in sync across all of their sales channels, maximizing selling potential and eliminating double selling, even while managing over multiple locations
● View Shopify POS sales along with any sales made via other channels. Fulfill, manage and report from Brightpearl’s single dedicated business system, rather than separate (and unsynchronized) admin areas
The new integration will allow Shopify POS users to benefit from Brightpearl’s
● Extensive inventory management capabilities, including the ability to create and track purchase orders with suppliers across multiple locations
● Built-in fulfillment routines for more efficient shipping or drop-shipping
● Built-in accounting to accurately track cash, order and inventory without having to re-enter data into external accounting systems
● Pre-built reporting of revenue and profitability by sales channel, allowing merchants to decide which channels to further develop and which to improve
It will also allow Brightpearl customers to benefit from Shopify POS via its
● Easy-to-use, tablet-based in-store interface
● Offline capability to continue taking in-store orders smoothly, despite Internet connectivity interruptions
“Multi-channel retailing is one of the brightest spots in retailing, and this most recent Brightpearl - Shopify integration will help our mutual customers be even more successful,” said Salman Malik, Brightpearl chief executive officer. “This integration comes at an especially useful time; retailers are ramping up for the traditionally super-busy fourth quarter, and having Brightpearl integrated with Shopify POS will enable smarter, faster and more customer-centric merchandising.”
Brightpearl was founded in 2007 by two retailers looking for a better way to manage their fast-growing, multi-channel business. Today, Brightpearl provides a real-time, reliable system for small- to medium-sized retailers, which integrates data from customers, orders, inventory and accounting. Using Brightpearl’s cloud software and services, retailers can be confident their core data and processes are under control - saving time, money and giving them the freedom to do what they love: merchandising and growing their business. To learn more, visit http://www.brightpearl.com.
Shopify is an ecommerce platform that allows individuals and businesses to create awesome online stores. Shopify currently hosts over 50,000 active online retailers, including: Amnesty International, General Electric, Tesla Motors, LMFAO, Foo Fighters, Encyclopedia Britannica, Tata Group, Evisu Jeans, DODOcase, Penny Arcade, CrossFit, GitHub, Evernote, and Epic Meal Time. Shopify was founded in 2006 by two snowboarding enthusiasts who wanted to create a better way to sell their snowboards online. Shopify has received $22 million in Series A and B funding from Bessemer Venture Partners, FirstMark Capital, Felicis Ventures, and Georgian Partners. For more information, please visit http://www.shopify.com.