Our goal in this project was to deliver information that would help green industry businesses learn what theirpeers believe to be the best equipment, and why.
St. Paul, MN (PRWEB) October 24, 2013
From trucks to lawn mowers, irrigation controllers to snow plows, green industry professionals rely on their equipment to service their customers’ properties. So the equipment they use plays a significant role in their success which led HindSite Software to ask: What equipment do they prefer?
To find out, the field service software company developed a comprehensive survey and sent it to green industry contractors. More than 150 green industry professionals responded, and their responses were synthesized into a detailed Green Industry Equipment Report highlighting which brands respondents preferred as well as why they preferred them.
“Our goal in this project was to deliver information that would help green industry businesses learn what their peers believe to be the best equipment, and why,“ explains HindSite’s marketing manager, Chad Reinholz. “The Green Industry Equipment Report contains information that will help green industry business owners better evaluate future purchases based on real data from their peers.”
Among the key findings:
- Ford was the preferred truck brand, with roughly 50% of respondents preferring it.
- Among irrigation equipment, Rain Bird edged out Hunter in almost every product category, except for rotary nozzles, where Hunter was preferred.
- eXmark is the clear favorite among lawn mowers winning every category except for commercial walk mower, which Toro was the favorite.
- Stihl was preferred for maintenance equipment like edgers, sprayers and blowers, with Earthway taking home the crown as the favorite push spreader.
- For snow plow blades, Western and Boss were neck and neck, with Boss being favored for their V plow blade and Western for their straight edge blade.
The Green Industry Equipment Report also asked contractors why they preferred the brands they selected. It was clear from the results that long-lasting, durable, reliable equipment is what contractors prefer. In fact, only a handful of contractors mentioned price as the main reason for choosing a product.
“Contractors want equipment they can rely on,” explains Reinholz. “They can’t afford any downtime when servicing their customers’ properties. The Green Industry Equipment Report highlights just how important reliability is to green industry professionals.”
The Green Industry Equipment Report is available free at http://www.hindsitesoftware.com/2013-green-industry-equipment-report.cfm.
About HindSite Software
HindSite Software has helped green industry contractors better manage and grow their business with work order software since 2001. Initially designed as irrigation software, HindSite today assists service businesses with scheduling and billing (e.g QuickBooks scheduling software), contact management, field data collection, and invoicing in QuickBooks®, Sage Peachtree®, and Simply Accounting®. This paperless field service management software has been proven to increase efficiency and organization, meaning greater profit potential with less administrative time.