Bellucci Premium Recaps the 20 Best Uses for Olive Oil Other Than Cooking
Following an article that shares 20 alternative uses for olive oil, Bellucci Premium explains why it is important to use extra virgin olive oil.
Bohemia, NY (PRWEB) October 21, 2013
Bellucci Premium recaps an article that details some of the best uses of olive oil other than cooking.
According to an Epoch Times article published on October 12th titled “20 Great Uses for Olive Oil Outside the Kitchen,” it was not uncommon for the Greeks and Romans to use olive oil as a beauty product. Today, this practice is still continued - olive oil is included in many different beauty products, such as soap.
The article lists these other uses of olive oil:
Lower blood pressure - Research shows that the consumption of olive oil can help lower the risk of high blood pressure.
- Treat sunburn - Using olive oil to treat minor burns, such as sunburn. It can help alleviate pain and moisturize skin.
- Soothe the throat - Ingesting a teaspoon of olive oil can help prevent coughing.
- Reducing the risk of stroke - Including olive oil in any diet can lead to a dramatic decrease in the risk of having a stroke. “This is one of the many health benefits of using olive oil,” says Natalie Sexenian, marketing manager for Bellucci Premium. “Other health benefits include helping prevent Alzheimer’s disease and certain types of cancer.”
- Reducing wrinkles - Olive oil contains properties and vitamins that can actually help slow down the aging process of the skin.
- Paint Remover - Rubbing olive oil on skin will loosen the paint from the skin and allow for easy removal.
- Help Constipation - A few teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil can help constipation.
As baby oil - Extra virgin olive oil is a natural substitute for baby oil that can help moisturize and cure diaper rash.
- A healthy scrub - Add salt or sugar to olive oil and use it as an exfoliator for all skin types.
- Hair conditioner - “Massage some olive oil into your hair until fully absorbed. Wrap your hair with a hot towel and wait for 15 minutes. Then, wash your hair with shampoo,” says the article.
- Moisturize skin - The fatty acids in olive oil make it perfect for moisturizing.
- Radiation protection - Using olive oil on your face before using a computer can help protect against radiation.
- Healthy glow - Incorporating olive oil into any diet is said to make skin look healthier.
Other uses of olive oil include: a shoe and wood polish, a shaving product, a bath additive, a make-up remover, a massage oil and hair detangler, according to the article. “Olive oil can always be put to good use in a household even if it’s not used for cooking,” says Sexenian. “Make sure to use extra virgin olive oil for the best health benefits. The antioxidants and vitamins found in extra virgin olive oil surpasses any other type of olive oil.”
Bellucci offers three different types of oil, including an organic option, with a mild peppery flavor and fruity undertones that will satisfy any palate. Bellucci Premium Toscano extra virgin olive oil uses olives that are grown on the beautiful landscapes of Tuscany, and maintained by 3rd and 4th generation farmers. The third type of oil Bellucci produces is the finest 100% Italian extra virgin olive oil, grown in many different regions of Italy.