This title offers a unique hands-on perspective on how to put IVHM to use, guiding the reader through the challenges of making new technologies perform at their maximum potential.
Warrendale, PA (PRWEB) October 18, 2013
SAE International is launching the third installment of the integrated vehicle health management (IVHM) series, Integrated Vehicle Health Management: The Technology.
Lead editor Ian K. Jennions and 27 other industry experts bring IVHM research full circle as they delve into the technologies that support its implementation in real-life situations. This title offers a unique hands-on perspective on how to put IVHM to use, guiding the reader through the challenges of making new technologies perform at their maximum potential.
Pertinent topics examined in the book include:
- Sensors, instrumentation and signal processing
- Fault detection and diagnostics
- Prognostics and metrics
- Data management
- Vehicle level reasoning systems
- System design
- Disruptive technologies
The book is preceded by two bestsellers, Integrated Vehicle Health Management: Perspectives on an Emerging Field and Integrated Vehicle Health Management: Business Case Theory and Practice.
Dr.Jennions is a Professor and Director of the IVHM Centre, Cranfield University, U.K. He joined the Centre in its first year in 2008 and has fueled its development and growth in research and education over the last five years. Dr. Jennions has extensive experience within the mobility industry, previously working for Rolls-Royce, General Electric and Alstom. Throughout his diverse career, Jennions gained expertise in aerodynamics, heat transfer, fluid systems, mechanical design, combustion, and more recently, IVHM.
- Published By: SAE International
- Pages: 300
- Binding: Hardbound
- Product Code: R-429
- ISBN: 978-07680-7952-4
List price for the book is $89.95 and only $71.96-$80.96 for SAE International members.
If you would like to order this book, or to simply find out more about it, please visit: http://books.sae.org/book-r-429/. To request an electronic review copy of the book, email pr(at)sae(dot)org. Please forward these published reviews to Shawn Andreassi at pr(at)sae(dot)org or to the SAE International’s World Headquarters, which is on 400 Commonwealth Dr., Warrendale, PA, 15096-0001.
Related SAE International books and products include:
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management: Essential Reading, by Ian K. Jennions
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management: Perspectives on an Emerging Field by: Ian K Jennions
- Integrated Vehicle Health Management: Business Case Theory and Practice by: Ian K. Jennions
- Technical Editorial Webcast Series from the editors of SAE International: “Taking Data to New Heights: How Airlines, Plane Manufacturers, and Suppliers Are Shaping the Future of Integrated Vehicle Health Management” – http://video.webcasts.com/events/pmny001/viewer/index.jsp?eventid=45476
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 138,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.