Chapel Hill, NC (PRWEB) October 18, 2013
Carolina Women in Business will host its eighth annual conference Nov. 8, 2013 at the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School.
It features keynote addresses by Sallie Krawcheck (UNC ’87) of 85 Broads and Michelle Jarrard of McKinsey & Company and panels and workshops that explore the theme “Achieving New Heights.”
- “The Power of Mentor Relationships” with Bridget Xue (MBA ’07), Deloitte Consulting; Courtney Quinn (MBA ’05), Liberty Mutual; and Wendi Powell, ExxonMobil
- “Leveraging Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace” with Liz Kasberg (MBA ’10), GE Healthcare Life Sciences; Cheryl Stevens (EMBA ’98), Cheryl Stevens Consulting; Sophia Lopez (MBA ’09), IBM Corp.; and Chris Gosk (MBA ’98), Global Knowledge Training
- “Entrepreneurship: Stories from the Front Line” with Jennifer Durbin (EMBA ’07), RTI International and Clueless Chick; Phaedra Boinodiris, (MBA ’08), IBM Corp.; and Nick Jordan (BSBA ’03), Smashing Boxes
- “How to Sell Yourself in Times That Matter” with Angela Guido, Communicate Yourself, Inc.
- “Networking Within Your Organization” with Sharon McMillen Cannon, management and corporate communication professor, UNC Kenan-Flagler
- “Negotiation Skills for Today’s Business Leaders” with Sreedhari Desai, organizational behavior professor, UNC Kenan-Flagler
Conference sponsors are Liberty Mutual Insurance, ExxonMobil, Vanguard, General Electric, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Direct Supply, Wells Fargo Securities and BB&T.
For more information and to register, go to http://cwibconference2013.com/.
About the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
Consistently ranked one of the world's best business schools, UNC Kenan-Flagler is known for its collaborative culture that stems from its core values: excellence, leadership, integrity, community and teamwork. Professors excel at both teaching and research, and demonstrate unparalleled dedication to students. Graduates are effective, principled leaders who have the technical and managerial skills to deliver results in the global business environment. UNC Kenan-Flagler offers a rich portfolio of programs and extraordinary, real-life learning experiences: Undergraduate Business (BSBA), full-time MBA, Executive MBA Programs (Evening, Weekend and global OneMBA®), online MBA@UNC, UNC-Tsinghua Dual-Degree EMBA, Master of Accounting, PhD, Executive Development, and UNC Business Essentials programs. It is home to the Frank Hawkins Kenan Institute of Private Enterprise.